Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ESL -games/ VIDEOS     

ESL -games/ VIDEOS

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

ESL -games/ VIDEOS

Learning a language is a hard work,isn�t it..?
There are many advantages of using games in the classroom:

1. Games provide language practice in the various skills- speaking, writing, listening and reading
2. They are motivating and challenging. ESL Games can be fun and  exciting .

3. They encourage students to interact and communicate.

4. They create a meaningful context for language use.

5.Games are a welcome break from the usual routine .

What games do you usually play with your students?

Here is my list:
1. Tic- tac-toe / grammar/ vocabulary revision
2. Bingo and Memory games
3. Domino
4. Guess...!/the missing object/the mystery person...
5. Word webs
6. Jumbled words
7.Wheel of Fortune
8. Spelling Bee

I discovered some new games on this site ... 

have fun!

22 Jun 2009      

ants
Switzerland

I use a lot my MES small and big flashcards. I find flashcard games a lot of fun.
I get the students to play speaking games, go Fish or just memory games with them.

I also like to play my Preposition Game. You just need some plastic items...fruit or vegetables or anything else...as long as you have two of each fruit, etc.
Then I make up two teams...place two cardboard boxes on a table in the middle of the room.
I pre-teach some prepositions such as in, under, on, in front of...and then say: Put the orange in the box, or put the banana under the box, etc.
The kids love this simple game and it �s always been a success with big groups of kids.
Fiona.

22 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I have made:

Memory (concentration) games by subject and occasion. (Christmas/Halloween)
Trivial Pursuit. (the kids made the questions - I type them up and laminate them)
How Many Words Can You Make From These Words game.
Jumble Words
Word Searches
I am thinking of a person
game
Hot and cold. (finding a hidden object in the class by saying colder and hotter if they are getting close or too far away)
I Like. (the first person says I like Pizza. The next says, He likes pizza, I like cats. and so on until the last person - who has to remember what everyone else said!)

These are the ones I can think of at the moment.

L

22 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

what �s missing, 4-in-a-row, associations, identity crisis, board games with vocabulary, what �s wrong, all kinds of fill-ins, chain games with words...

22 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Vocab tennis whereby students have to think of a word related to a topic, e.g. FOOD - tomato and the other team have to think of a longer word to win the point - chocolate.

23 Jun 2009