Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Pre-reading activities    

Pre-reading activities

leslie
Chile

Pre-reading activities

Hello!!!!

I�d like to ask  you about the activites you�ve used in the pre-reading stage..... My students have to read a book and it �s split in many lessons, so, i have to start a new chapter every lesson and i �d like if you may help me with the pre reading activities to engage them with the story and the vocabulary.... i have the memory game and brainstorming  a summary before to continue with the reading...... but .. what more....  it �s a large class (around 45 sts) and sometimes it �s very difficult to make classes and moreover with reading activities.......

Please. i �d really be very thankful if you may help me.......

thanks in advance....Wink

23 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Perhaps if you prepared the key words from the chapter about to be read and then asked them to look at the words and try to guess what �s going to happen... Or you may even prepare 10 sentences(some true, some false) as a summary of the chapter about to be read, and you read it for them, and you have a voting poll on which sentences they think are true and which are false, so when you actually read the chapter, they will listen carefully to see if they guessed right... or you could play associations with a key word as the final clue...

let �s hear it from some other people...

23 Jun 2009