Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > about layouts and styles    

about layouts and styles

meuge
Argentina

Hi!!!
I agree with you people!!!
I will do it also!!!

24 Jun 2009     

jecika
Serbia

LOL   @meuge ... heheheh ... I didn �t recognize you ... cute new avatar

PS sorry for solving this case without you Wink

24 Jun 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Hey domnitza,
I saw yesterday that Ws made with your layout and I was pretty sure it is yours ... until I opened the doc. Then I went to all your contributions to find it, as I wanted to report it as stolen. It was not there, although the layout is YOURS. You have come a long way and everybody here recognizes your style - that �s what happens when you like creating Ws and you are really dedicated.
However, there are people here who are only after the points. So, they open a document they have saved, delete the content and use the layout, without bothering about the original author, without caring to create something that is their OWN. These are the most fortunate case. Then, there are many others who post a WS as theirs, even if it is not. I call these two categories cheaters!

Most of the times, it is the layout that makes a good Ws, not necesarily the content. The content can be basic or common - if the layout is eyecatching, we download it and our Ss like it!! Am I right?

So, I do think that we must do something to protect the authors of these great contributions - like domnitza, herself!
Gabitza

24 Jun 2009     

me_fig
Canada

I can understand the frustration when someone uses your style.  At the same time we forget how we can learn from eachother.  There were many things I didn �t know how to do in my worksheets until I downloaded another member �s work and picked it apart.  This site is not just about teaching.  It is about learning and growing and feeding off eachother �s creativity.  I have seen people use my style of cards and change them a tiny bit.  I don �t mind.  However I totally agree that they could be curtious and ask permission.

24 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

& Gabitza - you can tell if it is just a worksheet that has been modified rather than imitated. It �s the �modified � thing that is cheating - & would be a breach of copyright too. So please don �t �charge � into something without investigating thoroughly first.

Appearances can sometimes be deceiving...

24 Jun 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Me again!
Thank you all for answering my post. Dear Mena, no need to worry, I do know how good your intentions always are.

When checking the worksheet, in order to see who the original owner is, you discovered the name Tony. That �s my husband �s, since I am using his old laptop now. (men always want  new gadgets....)
It �s true that I have been away from a while, but I had lots of things to do for school, not to mention home & family. But do this give somemembers the permission to use some of the old worksheets?

Gabitza is right, sometimes the layout makes the whole worksheet. Maybe it is high time we made this situation stop. No more copied/stolen worksheets, why not the same for layouts?

@me fig: I am perfectly aware of the importance this site has: eslprintables has completely changed my way of teaching. (I wish there were a French one, too, my life would be much easier. ) "It is about learning and growing and feeding off eachother �s creativity. ", you say. And you are right. But what are we growing here, cheaters and liars? Will we let them go on stealing/copying? If I keep my mouth shut am I not like them? And why sould I let this happen? There are worksheets of mine which took me a lot of time and effort. I treasure them because each of them has its own little history. And it would be more than frustrating to see them having somebody else �s name on them.

Domnitza

24 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2