Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > curriculum guidance    

curriculum guidance

OL1N3
Indonesia

curriculum guidance

hi friends,
i plan to create an english textbook for my students (kindergarten and elementary level)  However, i really need the curriculum guidance to make it.  any suggestion pls?? thanks a lot.

25 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI!
I can only tell you how I �d go about it... Establish how many kids per group, how old they would be and how many lessons you are planning per semester/level. Then set aside a number of lessons per topic(e.g. 60 lessons per level, 5 lessons per topic, and thats 12 topics in all). Then decide on the topics(e.g. introductions, colours, numbers, family, house, nature, animals, food, toys, city/village, and some holiday topics important for your country and the English culture- Halloween, Christmas, etc.). Leave some lessons for revision and consolidation. Then work out the activity details for each topic - e.g. family: the key vocabulary, a song or rhyme, a story, key phrases (for school kids also the grammar items), and then methods and materials for each activity. Also include tests, if necessary. Think about all the things you need to work on - listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, etc. for each level, because this will help you to pick a particular activity for each topic. Hope this helped a little...

Anita

25 Jun 2009