Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Extremely dissapointed with eslprintables.com    

Extremely dissapointed with eslprintables.com

Ivona
Serbia

"Then again, when was the last time you went to a new website with resources you needed, and read the "about" page before you signed up?"

See?!? We
really could do with
a pop-quiz i suggested some time ago, just to make sure that the new members have read the rules because they DO matter in this site. Approve

25 Jun 2009     

domnitza
Romania

@ 1chapelcredit
Well, I have to finish my coffee in order to understand all that you wrote. Ermm My headache makes me feel terribly stupid today.
< this community is unnecessarily difficult to become a part of, and is especially restrictive of those who would like to use the materials shared on this site > you say. And you are wrong. This community is very generous. I have seen people fighting here and then able to say a simple THANK YOU after downloading a worksheet; people who remember birthdays and who are ALWAYS willing to help you. People who download printables they do not particularly need because they want other people to reach 30 points and become premium memebers.
I always get messages from some members asking me to download their ws because they need points to download mine. (which I do not blieve, by the way! LOL) And I try to help them whenever I have time, even though they forget to thank me afterwards (a matter of common sense, I guess).

Tell me which of my ws you need, send me a prvate message with your mail and I will send them to you.

ps: I absolutely like your style of writing. Smile

Domnitza

25 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

1chapelcredit

The thing you must understand is that you were too extreme in your first post, and I guess you could say that you had it coming. Like others have said, the rules of the website are pretty visible, and you couldn �t say you weren �t explained how the site would work after registration.

There are many sites with free material and like you said, many people here were kind enough to provide you their own materials.

We are a community for material sharing, and by sharing I guess you can understand that you must give something in order to get something. Other sites will charge money for you to download their sheets, our currency is the worksheet itself. Simple as that.

And more, it´s not one-per-upload. With a simple good worksheet you can get many points and download as many worksheets as the points you got, and even become a premium-member and download 30 "free of charge" ws per day, from the daily contributions.

As you can see, I think that everybody �s point it the you �ve got nothing to be "extremely dissapointed" at.

Hope you get in other sites what you came her for. But I �ve got to admit, this is the best website I know, and it �s a pity you don �t have time or what else to make your contributions, gain our �currency � and spend away! hehehe

I think I speak for everyone in eslprintables.com that we are very proud of the website Victor started, but now everyone feels a little responsible for it, that �s way people get so defensive on behalf of it.

Best regards.

25 Jun 2009     

douglas
United States

The instructions were clearly given before you signed up (the tool bar thing is new to me though).  As I see it, you think it sucks that you have to work for something and can�t just get it for free.  You have MSWord, look at some of the worksheets and make a similar one that you can use for your own teaching and post it--it will probably get downloaded and you will be on your way.

This website works and it has a VERY true following--if you think you have a better way try doing it yourself.  This site has grown and developed to become what it is today.

If you don�t like it, find another site--it �ll be your loss.

I�d much prefer to see you try to make a worksheet and watch you develop as you make more and better worksheets--it will be something you can use for life.  But if you don�t want to put in the effort:

"Surf on my friend, there are millions of other sites and communities to experience, and one may fit you  better."

25 Jun 2009     

Roy Piepers
Spain

I agree with most people who have commented to this post. There are plenty of sites available where people can download material for free without having to register or actually submitting their own worksheets so I do not see why there should be a cap.

As you know, everybody has to start somewhere and those sites are great to get some resources and I am sure you will find a lot of things that are very useful for you there.

Enjoy your summer in East Africa.

25 Jun 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Dear all
A little pedagogy please!!!!
Some of the comments are a bit agressive, and I am pretty sure we could proceed differently
Brahim

25 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I really have nothing to add.  I agree with everyone here.

What is it with people like you today who don �t read the rules?
You can �t play a game without reading the rules.
You can �t drive a car without learning traffic rules.
You can �t do anything new without reading the rules.

The only one you have to blame is yourself.

It is such a sign of the times to be in denial of ones own responsibilities
and unload frustration on everyone else. So easy to point the blame at others.
That will really make you a part of a community - NOT.

So get real - read the rules and see if you just might  be able to make a worksheet
like everyone else here.  We ALL started at the bottom and worked our way up.
We all played around with our Word programs until we found out how it worked.
And by the way - even though you have never taught English, you �ve been taught
your whole life.

L

25 Jun 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

Dear Chapelcredit,

I believe you have a point actually. I hope you don �t feel discouraged, sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don �t read rules properly. I hope we will continue to see you around!. If you need anything, get in touch! I �d be very happy to help you with material to use. You must be doing a great job there!
I like your style of writing! 
Have a wonderful day!!

Judith

25 Jun 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Hi Chapelcredit!
This beautiful  bear is for you!
Welcome to this amazing community!
I am sure, you will find a lot of nice people here !!
 WELCOME to ESL!      
Welcome MySpace Comments and Graphics
  greetings from a

25 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

If I can help you in any way please let me know.
Dorothea

25 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >