Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Summer vacation    

Summer vacation

fletsch
Canada

Summer vacation

Hey everyone:

I am finally done for the term, grades are done, bags are packed and heading to Thailand for a well deserved holiday.  Then I am working 2 summer camps for a month.  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their amazing worksheets and PPTs.  I will be using many of them at my summer camps.  This site has made my a life as a teacher so much easier and much more enjoyable.  Have a great summer everyone and see you in the fall...

Cheers,

Fletsch

28 Jun 2009      

ants
Switzerland

Have a great holiday and enjoy the summer camps!!Smile
Hear from you when you get back!!
Fiona.

28 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Fletsch, have a great holiday and get all the energy you can... I �m off to work in a summer camp on Tuesday, so we �ll exchange impressions later on...Enjoy yourself...
Anita

28 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Enjoy your holidays in Thailand and your summer camp.

Have fun,
mena

28 Jun 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi Fletsch
Have a nice holiday in Thailand! I �m sure you do deserve it!
Enjoy yourself!
serene

28 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hi Fletsch

Just wondering - don �t you need any "down time" for getting your energy back?
After a whole school year I really need peace and quiet and time for doing stuff
for me.  If I don �t do anything for myself - then I have nothing to give when school
starts again.

Don �t you get paid during the summer holidays?

Just wondering.
L

28 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

HI, darling!
I think the question is directed to Fletsch, but he �s probably gone, having fun somewhere. Since I am working at a summer camp as well, I feel I can give you an answer for me. I work in a private school, and the language courses only take place during the school year. The school is financed exclusively from the payments of students/their parents, so if we don �t work during the summer, the school doesn �t have enough funds. So, I do get my usual holidays like everyone else doing steady jobs in our school -  in August, and during the second half of June and the whole of July we either review all teacher �s documents, sort out the school �s materials and prepare everything for next year �s enrollments, or we do that one part of the time, and teach summer camp the other part of the time. It �s really not that difficult when you love it, and I do, and I �m lucky that my husband teaches sport at the camp, and our kid goes there, too, and it �s the same camp we �ve been going to for 15 years, so I kind of feel like going to a friend �s house to get some work done. Well, responsible and serious work, but still fun, challenging, always interesting... I really look forward to it every year. But you �re right, if we didn �t work - we wouldn �t get paid. Maybe Fletsch is in a different situation, or he works only part-time... How about you? How much holiday time do teachers in your country get?

28 Jun 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Hi, I �m the owner of my private school and I certainly don �t gat paid during summer (unless I give classes). However, a few years ago I decided that I really needed to charge my batteries, so goodbye to summer courses! I �m a new person when I come back in October and my students benefit from that. I realise that I �m in a priveleged position but it took me years to get here, so " I �m worth it"!!!

28 Jun 2009