Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > how to start working in companies    

how to start working in companies

towerbridge77
Argentina

how to start working in companies

Hi dear friends,

I�ve been teaching English for 10 years and I�d like to start working in companies on my own. I used to work for different institutes but I think it�s time for a changeSmile and start my own project.
Could you please give me some tips on how to contact these students, advertise, etc.

Thanks in advance!!!

Towerbridge

29 Jun 2009      

oregon91
Argentina

Hi Towerbridge: where in Argentina are you from? that will depend on which companies you will contact and how.

Regards,

Fernanda

29 Jun 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

Hi, Wink

I �d like to get some information or tips too. Like Towerbridge, I �ve been working for 10 years in state schools, and I �d like to try something different, I think that what I need is a change of enviroment, teaching in states schools in the province of Buenos  Aires has become pretty stressful, at the moment I �m on leave because of voice problems. So I think, like Towerbridge, that teaching in companies could be a good choice, but I �ve never done it so I have no idea how to start, any suggestion will help.

Thanks a lot,

NikitaHeart

29 Jun 2009     

lyny
Mexico

Hi, I work with companies and I can tell you that is a little difficult, mainly cause i had to learn technical english,  so my every day english is going to garbage. I hope you can get what I mean.

First you have to focus on where or what area you want to work with.

You might work with: doctors, engineers, accountants, secretaries, tourism, etc....
because if you want to have success, you have to teach something different and more interesting than institutes

You have to design your own teaching sistem. If you work with engineers you should learn everithing about tools, machinary, process, special clothes, security.......

When you get ready get in touch with human resources in that company, they almost always give you the chance to show your sistem.

Otherwise if you want to teach only everyday english, you should have a most to offer to that company,  for instance a plan to work with plenty of nice resources.

Let me tell you that is something to think about cause it is hard but not imposible.

I hope my words will help you.

Good luck.

29 Jun 2009     

lyny
Mexico

I forgot something else,
When you work with companies, you sometimes don �t have work.

Just think about it.

Good night.

29 Jun 2009     

newuser07
Argentina

Smile Thanks a lot for your answers!
I am from Buenos Aires and have been working with different kind of students (engineers, doctors, etc) in companies but I�m not sure HOW to contact HR. I�ve tried sending e-mails but they haven�t replied yet.  Any ideas will be welcome :)

Thanks again. Have a great week!

1 Jul 2009