Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Help Your English Students Develop their English Conversation Skills    

Help Your English Students Develop their English Conversation Skills

teamleader1984
Philippines

Help Your English Students Develop their English Conversation Skills

Do your English students talk enough? Can they sustain a meaningful conversation in English on a wide range of topics? How can you help your students develop their conversation skills in English?

Compelling Conversations is a recommended resource for English teachers and language schools that want to make their conversation classes more fun and exciting. Asking questions on timeless topics  is an effective way of encouraging student discussion. This exceptional resource allows students to share experiences and develop their speaking fluency. The easy format also allows teachers to add in-depth conversation materials into courses with self-contained, engaging conversation lessons.

Visit the site and help your students discover the Art of English Conversation: http://www.compellingconversations.com/ with free sample chapter lessons. As the old American cereal commercial says, "try it - you �ll like it."

This critically acclaimed EFL/ESL conversation book includes:

• 45 chapters on a wide variety of conversation topics
  • Asks over 1350 questions encouraging ESL students to reflect and share
  • Features over 500 memorable quotations from ancient sages to modern writers
  • Introduces over 200 proverbs from around the world
  • Highlights 450 practical vocabulary words for ESL students
  • Can supplement other textbooks in EFL/ELL classrooms
  • Encourages critical conversations that go beneath the surface
  • Lets English teachers walk into a class with ready-to-use excellent lessons!
  • Eliminates preparation time for busy teachers and tutors!
  • Provides engaging materials for conversation clubs - and makes setting one up easy.

I, as a second language learner myself, I have found these materials very helpful and I am sure you will too.

Charlot here... :)

1 Jul 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Oh boy another commercial... buy me buy me....  Just like the 45 oopps 47 TEFL conferences that I have gone to.  "This is great, pat me on the back and buy my stuff."  Yet most of the stuff that is worth anything in the book is already on this site and others like it for free.

1 Jul 2009     

Noel L
Japan

This post by teamleader1984 should be deleted.

And his/her membership to this site terminated.

If I knew how to delete it, I would !!!
Have sent her/him a PM urging deletion.
Gurr.

It is 100% advertising.

1 Jul 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Wacko

1 Jul 2009     

lyny
Mexico

Pinch

1 Jul 2009     

Brentboy
Japan

Good God, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! once one person started shamelessly advertising now a bunch of others have..... STOP ABUSING THIS SITE with your nonsense!!!!!

1 Jul 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

It is 100% advertising!!

It shouldn �t be here!
Delete it please!

1 Jul 2009     

eng789
Israel

Please remove your post.

1 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

People,

maybe we can introduce some changes in regards to the newcomers which would help us eliminate all those willing to advertise stuff?

Such as each new member must upload at least one worksheet which will later be reviewed, and until reviewed, the member cannot post anything in the forum.

Tough I know, but what else to do to prevent this? I prefer to be pro-active rather than reactive.

1 Jul 2009     

ajaaron
Thailand

Good idea Lana :)

2 Jul 2009