Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games    

Games

mjpa
Spain

Games

Could you, please, tell me of any "easy" games to play at the beginning or at the end of lessons?
I would like to know about easy, quick and especially ORAL games. I mean, i�m not interested at this point on games where I have to use many things, many papers or many written activities but quick games such as bingo or hangman.
Thanks in advance.
Ohh, I forgot: I know there is a direct link to games in the page and many different ones uploaded here. I�ve had a look at them and I�ve downloaded many. But I would like new suggestions.

1 Jul 2009      

mjpa
Spain

I�ve read several times in this site about this game, and I really find it funny, entertaining, great. I love it.

Don �t tell anybody what is going to happen, but get a roll of toilet paper and tell all those playing not to take to much but to take however much they want. One all the players have taken the number of sheets they want each has to tell one thing about themselves for every sheet they have.

1 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

It seems me myself am going to answer my own question.
By the way, is this written correctly? "Me myself am"????
I just wanted to tell you a new game i�ve just invented after reading some of yours here in the site.
It would be called "I have never ..." and each student in the class has to tell a sentence beginning this way. The other students have to guess if it is true or not.

I suppose the same could be done with other structures, for instance: I can ..... or any others.

1 Jul 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Did you also check the Forum for games ideas?  I wasn �t sure.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/category.asp?id=2

I wasn´t sure if you only checked the worksheets.

1 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Yes I have Pinky Makus, and although i have found some good ideas, i would like to read from more.

2 Jul 2009     

johnbrasil
Brazil

www.englishtips.org has many books there for English teachers with all kinds of games and activities. I found a lot of extra activities to do with my students here :-D

2 Jul 2009     

Popina
Uruguay

HI THERE! IT DEPENDS ON THE LEVEL YOU �RE TEACHING, BUT LET ME HELP YOU.
HMMM LET �S SEE FIRST THERE �S A GAME ON CATEGORIES, YOU SIT YOUR STUDENTS ON A CIRCLE AND WRITE DOWN DIFFERENT CATEGORIES ON THE BOARD ( IT COULD BE COLORS, ANIMALS, NUMBERS,ETC) ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU �VE TAUGHT . AND EACH STUDENT HAS TO SAY A WORD ON THAT CATEGORY OR MAYBE A COMPLETE SENTENCE. MAYBE IF YOU �RE WORKING WITH INTERMEDIATE LEVEL YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN NOUNS, VERBS AND ADVERBS. LET ME START OVER WHEN YOU CHOOSE THE CATEGORY EACH STUDENT HAS TO TELL YOU A WORD WITHOUT REPEATING ANY OF THEM WHEN SOMEONE MAKES A MISTAKE YOU CHANGE THE CATEGORY.
ANOTHER IDEA IS WHATI CALL "WORDS WORM" A STUDENT COMES TO THE BOARD AND WRITES ANY WORD, THE STUDENT WHO CAMES AFTER HIM/HER HAS TO WRITE ANOTHER WORD STARTING WITH THE SAME LETTER THAT THE PREVIOUS WORD FINISHED AN EXAMPLE?
DOG/GREAT/TABLE SEE IT �S SO EASY! BUT IN THE BOARD IT HAS TO GO LIKE THIS DOGREATABLE
GET IT! i USUALLY PLAY THIS GAME WITH SOME MUSIC SO WHEN THEY CAN �T COME UP WITH ANY WORDS THEY LISTEN TO THE LYRICS AND WRITE A WORD FROM THE SONG! OK I �M TIRED HOPE MY IDEAS HELP YOU!!!! SEE YA!!!

2 Jul 2009     

petili
Bulgaria

I use bingo games, Hangman and this one, too, a kind of Scrabble, but easy to play on the blackboard http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=224034#thetop
Hope it helps
Petya

2 Jul 2009     

lgk1000
United States

I used to play a game called SLAM with my kids in Japan, it �s great for practicing new vocabulary or reviewing words from previous lessons as a warm up. All you need are flashcards of the words that you are teaching / reviewing. Just spread them out on the table or around the classroom and call out one of the words. The kids will race to hit the correct card first and if you want to keep points then whoever hits the card first will get a point. You can also have students take turns calling out the words. My students always seemed to enjoy this game a lot.

2 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Thanks to all of you.

Petili: I use bingoes and hangman a lot. And my students love them, especially bingo.

2 Jul 2009