Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Easy Oral Games for Beginners    

Easy Oral Games for Beginners

mjpa
Spain

Easy Oral Games for Beginners

I still continue trying to collect as many games for my beginners students as I can. So, do you have any more ideas, please? Can you help me?
I�m looking for easy oral games in play in class without the help of any written resource if possible.
Thanks in advance.

2 Jul 2009      

lgk1000
United States

Another game I used to play with my students was called Time Bomb. All you need is a timer or a watch and a ball or something soft that you can throw or pass around. Think of a category, for example animals, and then start timing and passing the ball. Each child has to think of an animal and then pass the ball to the next person, they can �t pass it until they �ve said something (you can help them out if necessary). Set a time of 1 minute or so and the last person holding the ball when the time stops is out. Pick new categories and play a few more times until you only have one person left in the game, or maybe you can have multiple winners if you don �t want to play for too long. 

Other categories I used were foods, places, sports, jobs, items of clothing, colors, etc.

2 Jul 2009     

cookingongas
France

Hi Mjpa,

I have a load of simple games I collected a while ago when I was teaching illiterate students - lots of simple games with no written material at all! So many, in fact, that I haven �t tried them all...

email me ([email protected]) and I �ll send you the file.

All the best,

Charles.

2 Jul 2009