Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dividing the site     

Dividing the site

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Dividing the site

This is post is mainly addressed to Victor but what do everyone else think? I think this site is really awesome as it is but i think it can be improved a little.

How about dividing the site into ESLPrintables for kids and ESLPrintables for Adults. I know we can search via the search bar. However, its still kind of difficult to navigate through the huge and increasing amount materials.

If we had one designed purely for kids and one for adults, it would also be good for the forum as kids teachers can discuss kids issues and adults can discuss adult issues. Same with bookmarks etc.

What do you think?

10 Jul 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Hi!
Perhaps this is not a bad idea, but I know I would always visit both of the sides for interchange, because adults can and should sometimes be treated as kids (it �s fun and effective), and I �m really not sure where I would classify teenagers - both groups I guess. What you are right about is the fact that this site is great, but has become so large that sometimes you feel overwhelmed. But I use the search box to help me, and it �s difficult NOT to find what you need.
Anita

10 Jul 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Hi anitarobi,

I think you are right.... Hug

10 Jul 2009     

maufon
Costa Rica

Hi!
I think you are right.

I have a doubt, i just got 166 points but i upload two more ws 2 days ago: then I found tha people dawnloaded 6 of my ws, so I am suppossed to have 6 more points but according to this I still have 166 points. What can be wrong? I �m sorry
I don �t understand!!!Confused

10 Jul 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

That sounds like a great idea! I often find the number of worksheets a little overwhelming! Once or twice I have downloaded worksheets aged 14 plus (sorry I cant find the plus sign on this japanese keyboard!) for my 15 year old students and they have been less than appropriate! (I should have looked at the preview more carefuly, my fault I know! 

10 Jul 2009     

astill62
Canada

I agree with what has been said so far.  I love the idea, in fact! 

One thing I should mention--er...I suppose just raise as a question:  do you think this kind of separation might also discourage elementary level teachers consorting with intermediate level ones? and so on? 

Just a thought.  :)  I think it �s a really great solution, provided that we all make an effort to mingle! 

--Andrew

10 Jul 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

By having the option to search for "kids" and for "adults" according to age, the site IS divided into the two sections. Also, a LOT of material can be used on all levels after adapting it, so it �s good to have it all in one place. As to the forum, it �s always nice to read on different topics (when they �re not about points and moderators hehe). As Anita said, we would visit both sections so ...
Have a good day! Smile

10 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

I agree with Ivona--we have the search options to filter kids from adults already.  There are a lot of WSs for kids that I convert to adult level.  I �m afraid I would miss out on alot because I wouldn �t have time to search both sections so I would just check the "adult" section (that sounds a little "interesting" Shocked).  I also think most people would visit both sections anyway and changing back and forth would take even more time.

Just my opinion,
Douglas

10 Jul 2009     

robertohm
Spain

I THINK IS NOT SO EASY TO DIVIDE IN KIDS AND ADULTS. I HAVE GOT MANY ADULTS OR TEENAGERS WITH LOWER LEVEL THAN KIDS. HOWEVER THE IDEA OF DIVIONS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. MAYBY A GOOD OPTION WOULD BE DIVIDED BY SKILLS, I MEAN ,READING,GRAMMAR, LISTENING, WRITING AND VOCABULARY.  DIVIDE SO MUCH INFORMATION IS A LITTLE BIT CRAZYWacko 

10 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I think it �s a good idea, I though about it a few times.
Even though I pick the 14+, sometimes the worksheets are clearly for children with a lot of lovely pictures, flowers, frogs, Simpsons, thematical texts etc. Smile

They are all cool, but it �s just I know that at my school we don �t deal with minors, only over 18. But I guess I am in the minority here. Smile

Have a good weekend!

10 Jul 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm .. would it not create havoc in the site? I mean, would i not want to upload the same ws in both sections?? and take up more space?? and get more more more points??

11 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >