Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To bloggers    

To bloggers

Tint
South Africa

Hm... the example I was thinking of is a series of worksheets where most of the page is clearly scanned from an ESL or similar book. It is an obvious scan with added text. The thing is, ESL teachers were downloading those worksheets by the hundred. Who doesn �t want ws with lovely images? I just felt that was a little unfair.... to get heaps of points for work that is obviously not yours. Unfortunately, I don �t know which book it is from, but having worked with a large variety of ESL books, I recognise the format.

Zailda, thanks for explaining. I was under the impression that we needed to be able to show which book it was from to be able to report a copy.

8 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

We all have seen such WS. But I prefer to let it there and not be unfair with someone. letting it there can be repaired. One day or another you will find the source or some one else with the source will report it again. remember we aren �t supposed to report only recent contributions WS.
But if we delete it and finally it is not a copy, no one will able to repair the harm we caused to its owner.
As some wise person said: It is prefeable to have 1OO criminals free than to have an innocent in jail.
It is preferable to have 1OO scanned WS than to delete one WS which is not a copy.

8 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If I had the worksheet in my pc before the person uploaded it, how could it be original?

8 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

I read and understood your post very well.
Saying "you didn �t need a link" in the forum, means that this is not necessary to vote.
Your message is if you are sure that you �ve seen it somewhere sometime before, it �s Ok you can report or vote.
Then those who report will feel they aren �t obliged to give it. Knowing that even members who entered the site yesterday (members who aren �t completely aware of all what is in the site and its rules) can report, so I can imagine the mess.

8 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Goodnesses, the instance I �m talking about is pretty obvious. It is a copy... there is no way around it. 85% of the ws is a scan of an image from an ESL book (obvious due to the type of labels on the image) with the remaining space being typing by the person uploading. I �m the first to overlook something and give someone a chance, but at the same time, someone out there has invested a lot of creativity and possibly money into the writing and publishing of those books. Using it isn �t a problem. Using it without crediting the original artist is a problem.

9 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Goodnesses:

I said: It �s not necessary to vote. I don �t report a ws if I can �t prove it �s copied. I did it in the past because Victor said we could do it (use common sense when it �s clearly scanned) but a member has asked the link, so I went through many sites until I could find it. I understand that we need a proof to accuse.

But I feel unfair that someone is able to scan a book or print screen a website and then compete with many members who spent hours preparing their own work. What �s this site about?

9 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Goodnesses, the instance I �m talking about is pretty obvious. It is a copy... there is no way around it. 85% of the ws is a scan of an image from an ESL book (obvious due to the type of labels on the image) with the remaining space being typing by the person uploading. I �m the first to overlook something and give someone a chance, but at the same time, someone out there has invested a lot of creativity and possibly money into the writing and publishing of those books. Using it isn �t a problem. Using it without crediting the original artist is a problem.

9 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Zailda!
If you have the Ws on your PC before. One of the two. You downloaded it from a site or you scanned it from a book. Personally, if I downloaded from a site or scanned it from a book and I don �t remember, i don �t report it and PM it �s owner plus there will be someone who can report it with the link. If it is already I will refrain votin, and put a comment asking for the link may be some one else get it and it happened many times.

Have a good night all.

9 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

stexstme

I �m not God, I �m just using the inteligence He gave me to take decisions.

9 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

9 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >