Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > just a quick note...    

just a quick note...

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

just a quick note...

Hello my dear friends

I have been pretty busy these days... I couldn�t help entering today just some minutes to say hello!

kisses for all of you ! I �ll be back as soon as possible :)

Regards from Argentina

10 Sep 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Just as well you posted here, Nabila. You could have done it in the cafe, of course, because that �s what the cafe is for. But i doubt it that your message would be seen amongst all the big-size pictures of shoes, animals and ... the flood. Who would have imagined that an ESL cafe would turn into sth like that ...
Wish you a good day / night! Thumbs Up

10 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi, I �ve been around for about a month.

I had a look at the cafe the other day and I thought there was a contest going on there about the best, cuttest, most rare, bizzare picture. . hehe.

I guess it would be a good idea to post salutations and all that there because these sort of meaningless messages to most members make others miss important, interesting post on education, or other topics.

Keep cool!Cool

10 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Well, i wouldn �t agree that they are meaningless. They do have a meaning and mean to someone. Forum should be reserved for teaching related topics (Victor �s sensible order Wink) and the cafe for the chit-chat. But the chit-chat has been banished from the cafe by the big-size pictures ... Even if there is an attempt of having a chat, it is overshadowed by what?? ... By PICTURESSSS! LOL

10 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

OK, sorry then, maybe meaningless was not a happy expression.

I posted a message on the cafe sometime ago, can �t remember when exactly and it dissapeared with no answers. It really was meaningless and hidden by the huge picys. Ermm

10 Sep 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Ivona.  I know that you are upset now but try to keep calm. Yes SOME of the Cafe buffs seem to want to keep acting like as if they are the owners of the place. They have no notion of ever giving any respect to the wishes of Victor or anyone else. Some people DID attempt today to have a chit-chat but they were blown away by huge pictures of all kinds. Those pictures were very apt for putting the "boot" into anyone who was not in agreement as to how the Cafe should be used.  I really have never seen such a display of childishness. Not even from a class of immature students . No attempt to meet half-way. So lets just just forget about it. Let them be. Let them sing their "Golden Oldie!   I Did It My Way. Cheers.Confused

10 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Well, it seems to me that they have monopolised the cafe, you know. And if you say you don �t like it, they tell you to leave and not come back. Or, they tell you to become one of them. Is that democratic, i ask? Is that practising respect, equality and all the other virtues they keep preaching about out loud?? Hmmm ... it makes one wonder. Ermm

Btw, girls, i think that this is really not for the forum. What do you say we go over there for a cup of our coffee? Mind you, you will need life jackets. They have flooded the cafe again.

10 Sep 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Unfortunately i cant delete this post  now in order to solve my huge mistake!! Sorry to all of you, it seems to be

that i broke the rules, i just wanted to say hello cause it�s a long time that i dont participate here.

Victor will delete this post if he considers it should be deleted.

good night

10 Sep 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Sorry Ivona but I will never post there again. I will decline your invitation. I am so upset with the behaviour there now. It has really "got" to me, so in a way they have "won" the day. Ah I dont care. And sadly the last time I expressed my anger I was reported by a "gang" to Victor. That "took the biscuit " altogether for me. Unfortunately now (even though this should not be the place to discuss these things) we are being flooded out of the CafeUnhappy So enough is enough for me. Nite nite to all the NICE MATURE people here.Hug

11 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

The girls at the cafe are getting very close and having fun.  I think that�s great.  I check on them sometimes  but I don�t get involved often because they have on-going conversations that take hours.  I am just not interested to spending that much time there.

I think I might have missed why Caroline is upset with them, but I can understand that when they are on a roll it is hard to break-in with a new topic. 

What upsets me the most is when someone writes something on the forum in plain view of everyone and gets no reaction/answer.  I think it is rude to ignore someone on the forum because everyone sees that he/she is being passed over.

There are so many people coming in all the time,   I don �t believe you can really control what is happening on the forum or the cafe.

11 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I don�t get involved often because they have on-going conversations that take hours ...

They are not conversations, they are exchanges of pictures which put a lot of people off. They visit the cafe, see all the gifs/jpegs/etc. and just don �t bother entering there any more. I wanted a middle way but have been labelled as a whiner, disrespectful, bitchy, hateful, etc. I do not want to be one of them, because i �m not. We differ. Neither do i want them to change and be like me. But i want room for myself and those who would join me. They would not give it to me. They just wouldn �t. And i don �t know the reason why ... Ermm

11 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >