Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ramazan Bayrami Kutlu olsun!    

Ramazan Bayrami Kutlu olsun!

alyonushka145
Kazakhstan

20 Sep 2009      

Samantha.esl
Italy

Since a few days back, I see all these sort of salutations which really! What do they have to do with grammar, and post related to teaching?

Seems like the page has  been taken over by muslims and members of the middle east etc--with all this greetings and stuff every day! LOL
Shouldn �t ALL this go to the caffe?????? I wonder
!Approve

20 Sep 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

ClapGOOD point!
How is this ESL related?  I thought we were not supposed to post religious stuff here.

20 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

take it easy.. i thought that we can share our moments of joy here.. a few days ago we celebrated the Jewish new year and it was fun to learn about cultural differences..
so don �t take it so personal.. we are muslims and it is El Eid so we are happy and would be even happier if you share us this occassion!!!!
i think to say happy new year to a jewish memeber is more "useful " to me than a grammar tip!!! don �t you think?!

20 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Well, then Mouna mch! you are in the wrong site then...This is not about celebrations around the world but grammar printables.

If I want to know about history and what other members do across the oceans.. I search but not in ESL printables.

And for this reason the cafe was created so that you can share all these things!

Clear??? Approve

20 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya Mouna mch! First, i wish you a happy holiday.

Second, no one minds any celebrating around here (on the site), but minds it HERE in the forum which is, according to Victor �s (sensible) rule meant for TEACHING RELATED MATTERS.
The cafe, on the other hand, is meant for celebrating and sharing joy and jokes, sadness and happiness. Now, the cafe may not be a perfect place at the moment (we are still at version 1 of it), but these kinds of wishes and non-teaching-related topics should go there ... It �s a rule which is there for a reason - lack of space - which nearly brought about the closure of the site at one point in the past.

I hope you understand that no one has anything against the Muslims or your celebrations, only posting it here, in the forum. The people who have complained probably mind the recurring birthday wishes in the forum, too - again breaking the rule. Which is not their or my rule, but Victor�s (the owner of the site).

Just as we would expect our students to respect our rules, i  think that Victor would expect us to follow his.

Wish you all well.

@ ohlala - go and take a shower and put out that fire in you Wink

20 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

i �m sure that no one has anything against muslims as i don �t have anything against anybody.. but dear ivona, we celebrated many occassions before and no one seemed to reacrt or care.. me myself i �m new here, i saw that everybody is sharing nice moments (here and not in the cafe) so i thought that it �s ok.. let us be faire ,either it is ok for everybody or it is forbiden for everybody..,

20 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Well, you see Mouna, that �s the problem. If one of us breaks the rule, others follow and use the other �s disobedience as an excuse to be disobedient, too.
The reason why the members who mind breaking the rule are not reacting is because they do not want to fight, because those that they would address would take it personally and would do things out of spite or pride or ... so they just give in and say nothing. But sometimes the frustration grows so much that one snaps - just like ohlala did, and just like i did some time ago - and it �s all because we keep quiet about it and the problem remains.
Why do you think politicians have the last laugh in every single country in the world?? WinkBecause we say nothing...

Anyway, i �m off to a birthday party and wish you nothing but better time here.

20 Sep 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thank u all my friends for ur nice wishes in ur last messages and I am happy because u like my post
I will add it here again for other members to know more about our Eid

Let me tell u about Eid-Ul-Fitr.

It is the holiday that follows the blessed month of Ramadan and falls on the 1st day of Shawwal the 10th month in the Hijra Calender.
There is a special Eid prayer that is performed in congregation. 
Muslims are encouraged to dress in their best clothes, new if possible.
 They visit each other and eat sweets and chocolates.
Children collect sweets, chocolates, and money. And really our children make Eid happier by their happiness and enjoyment.

Have a wonderful Eid ,

Noor

20 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Very nice, I respect you and your celebrations and expect to be respected too. This should go to the cafe!

You are naughty children, I wonder how you ask students to obey when as adults some do not respect and stick to the rules.

Happy Sunday!
Hug

20 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

@Ohlala_esl
I wonder where you were yesterday, before yesterday, last week and the week before?
Or is it just because it is a Muslim celebration?

I am against any kind of greeting on the forum but here I feel some kind of segregation and prejudice in the air.

Hope you will be as prompt as today for the next birthday.

regards!

20 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >