Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Good bye, colleagues!    

Good bye, colleagues!

brahmam
India

Good bye, colleagues!

Yesterday I received a message from the Web Administrator Victor saying that my work was reported and the same was deleted. He explains that my worksheet was found in another website in jpeg format. I know that I created that worksheet. It was earlier discussed when I reported about a worksheet similar to mine. Many people concluded that it was mine and another user "Robertap" used my worksheet. His worksheet was deleted.

You can see the topic discussed:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10855

I sent a personal message to Victor asking him to look into the issue. But I haven �t got a reply from him.

I would like to ask all of you a question. What if someone downloads our work and post the same in another website and report it giving the link to that site? Same thing happened to me.

What I mean to say is, I don �t want to be a part of the community where my work is suspected. I am going to delete my account today.

Please do not think negatively.

19 Oct 2009      

mr.dgdln
Turkey

the same has happened to me as well. one of my worksheet was uploaded to another site in html format. I was accused of stealing my own work:) but fortunately I prooved that it is mine.
I have the impression that you �ve come across some so-called tranquil(!) members but this is not a sufficient reason to yield. why not handling the situation stronger?

19 Oct 2009     

brahmam
India

Thank you, Mr. Dgdln, but how can my worksheet be deleted just because someone reported? I never upload my worksheets in any other site. I wonder how it appeared in a picture format. 

19 Oct 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

brahmam,

I think someone downloaded your work, printed it out in colour,
then scanned it - turned it into JPEG (very easy to do), and then uploaded as their own somewhere else.

This is how you �ve been cheated step by step.

Teachers � worksheets are deleted sometimes, but please forgive admins,
cause they do a hell of a job to moderate and trace down the true originals and the copies, I know cause I �ve been a moderator myself for some time now.

Best of luck,
let �s not be hypersensitive.Wink

19 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �m so sorry this happened. I cannot pretend I can do much about it, being a user like you, whose work is available for download and therefore to cheat. Frankly, I am amazed at people who have the time, energy, even ideas to go through so much simply to cheat on teacher �s materials!!! I mean, it �s not like any of us earn tons of money or get Nobel prizes for worksheets, right? So I really don �t see the use, except simple (sub)human malice, laziness and disrespect. I completely understand you and your decision, because there comes a time when one just has enough of these things and needs to say STOP. I just hate it when we give up: all it takes for evil to flourish is for a few good men to do nothing. I don �t know when you wrote to Victor, but I remember when I had a problem and wrote to him, he did answer, though some days later, as he �d been on a trip without the use of internet available, so perhaps you could give him some time. All the best to you, and all honest teachers who share their work with us here, and to the dark side - whenever you do sth like this, you split a splinter of somebody �s soul, BUT the splinter doesn �t rub off on you, the talent doesn �t become yours... So what �s the point?
Anita

19 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Mistakes happen Brahman.
That is not a reason to punish a whole group of people who like and respect your materials.
We do have people here who download, and then change the materials and upload them here and other places. But luckily they are the minority.
We can never really know where people upload our stuff other places - but we can all try and keep an eye out for this problem.

You can understand that perhaps someone didn �t know it was your WS.
Please don �t leave, that would be a shame.

L

19 Oct 2009     

teresaraiva
Portugal

Hi Mr brahmam

Please don �t give up. Try to prove that �s your own work. Upload it again and explain your reasons... but don �t go away.

Teresa

19 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Brahmam,

as I am not mistaken, your ws was the same like this one:
http://www.eslhandouts.com/worksheets/passive-voice-game/

I also voted for it �s removal as there was a link to eslhandouts.
Believe me, it �s difficult to find out which one is the original - if yours or this one. If you are the creator, it �s sad.

EDIT:
I�ve just downloaded the ws from eslhandout and found out in properties there is a nema of creator: egyptian hak. And I checked your wss and there is the same name - that�s mean YOU ARE the creator and the ws should be retrieved.

I�m really sorry for this mistakes but it is really difficult to find out sometimes. You�ll see it yourself once you become a moderator. I�ll write to Victor (and hope some other moderators will support me) and ask him for retrieval.

Please, don�t leave us. I believe we can sort this out.

Regards, Michaela

19 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, there,

This is the link (that was given on the reported page yestreday) to the page where the WS in question can be downloaded in jpg, Doc and pdf format.

http://www.eslhandouts.com/worksheets/passive-voice-game/

It was uploaded there by a certain "phoneware". This name sounds familiar to me . Just to dissipate the doubt, isn �t it yours Brahmam?

Now, it �s up the moderators to judge. It depends weather the WS was uploaded earlier here or there and/or whether this was done by another person than you.

Hope this can help!

EDIT: Sth, I forgot, maybe it can help or the moderators can´t notice there ...

1. EC

This worksheet was uploaded by a person called
    Katherine Eleonor Guevara Salas (nick: kathyguevara)in ESLprintables.com . Is the author mentioned here and the person in ESLprintables the same person?

This is the link to the worksheet:
    http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=147384#thetop

19 Oct 2009     

borna
Croatia

I �m so sorry you feel the need to leave this wonderful site because of this one person, and one worksheet. Of course, I can understand your frustration, and the sense of helplessness, but leaving and deleting your account is not the best way to deal with thi situation. There are ways to prove that you made this worksheet so just be patient and wait for Victor �s reply.
Do not leave, please.

Sasa

19 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Brahmam,

We need good, honest people on this site.  Leaving will make us all poorer.

I hope that you reconsider.

David

19 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >