Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Idarena (nikadixon)    

For Idarena (nikadixon)

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Silvanija,

Well, I never took it this way. What you called site tragedies are actually my friends �. On my part, the ones that I usually get involved have to do with my dear and close friends here. It �s friendship love, attachment and duty. Yes, we should be more down0-to-earth, and look after our real-life issues, but in this site I broadened my own life and am glad to.

30 Oct 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Nebal, if they are so dear friends of yours I believe you will keep in touch other ways. Wink

30 Oct 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Yes, you are right, dear!!! But, it �s here where we first met. And, since I like this place a lot, I want them to share me everything I do here and outside. See!!! Such a demanding friend!!Embarrassed

30 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

@_LadyBird_
1st.

"... then don �t run away from it. "

I am not running away dear I am fed up and I think I already had my dose of shouting, name calling, and assiduous comments here. So basta!

2nd

"Instead, roll up your sleeves and
..."

Who are you on this site to speak to people this way?
Don �t you think this is exactly the kind of language that is leading many members towards the door of this site?
Do you think you are the only one(s) here who are rolling up their sleeves giving the site a lot of their hard work and precious time?
Or MUST people be in the moderators page deleting WS to say that they are really rolling up their sleeves for the site?

3rd
It is another reason/thought but since it is somehow personal I won �t put it here (I know we can �t use the PMs) I would just tell that it has to do with people �s cultural background that many members here don �t feel obliged to respect or just ignore as if of less importance than theirs.

Good bye every body and have a nice day.

30 Oct 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

OMG!!! Goodness, you �re leaving tooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Today we �ve lost three people: Idalina, Zambia, and Goodness!!!! You see!! Like I said before, this outburst will lead to more losses!!!!!!!

E N O U G H , Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

PEACE!

I really do think things are getting out of hand now.

Just because we all don �t agree, doesn �t mean we have to insult each other. In fact, are you even listening to each other?? Or are you hearing only what you want to hear??

Also, there are often great misunderstanding here on the site because of a word or a sentence - that in somebody �s own language is an insult or just has a different meaning -  and in English is okay or means something totally different!! Please think twice before getting so upset. We all have our opinions on things, it doesn �t mean you are right and I am wrong... we are just different.

30 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

oh no!!...

Relax everybody, quit the site for a shotr period and see you again here =) The site won�t be the same without you

30 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Zora - you are right of course  - some people are not getting the message because it is getting lost in the translation and unfortunately I have no idea how to prevent it. 

Nobody  here wants anyone to leave but  would appreciate if people would stop threatening to do so.  If you are not happy here then go, but if you think that there is a chance you may become a better person and / or teacher then stay. 
Goodnesses - nobody wants you to leave we just want us all to work together to make this a better place.  That is was silke was trying to say.  We don �t always have to agree woth eachother but yes, we need to respect our differences.

30 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Oh, please, please, everyone take Julieta �s advice. Just take a short break from the site. We are all creative (I try to be) emotional people. It is true that some phrases do not translate well. Ask for clarification instead of being angry!

I am very sad that by the time I got Zambia �s pm it was too late. My pm came back to me. If anyone is in contact with her, please tell her to come back in a few days. I �m sure Victor will welcome them ALL back.

Dear Zalida, when I saw how many points you have, I knew that you had been here a long time. I just want you to know that I respect you and consider you a source of information-- someone to turn to when I have questions. You have my admiration!

Hugs to All,

Carla

30 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

@Carla Horne: In fact I have been here since March 2009, so I �m to be considered neither a new nor an old member. And I don �t understand what �s going on here. 

30 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >