Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Idarena (nikadixon)    

For Idarena (nikadixon)

cheezels
New Zealand

Does anyone know the expression to shoot yourself in the foot?....I think that that is what some members are doing who are letting emotions overwhelm them and then make hasty decisions

Definition

shoot yourself in the foot

Idiom Definitions for �Shoot yourself in the foot �

If you shoot yourself in the foot, you do something that damages your ambition, career, etc.
To do something without intending to which spoils a situation for yourself

I understand that people make decisions for all types of reasons, but I truly believe in taking a breath, thinking it over and then thinking it over again before making hasty decisions.

30 Oct 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Exactly, cheezels, and the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face" also comes to mind....

Come on folks, don �t abandon the boat! If you �re fed up take a time out. As teachers SURELY many of us have had to put up with far worse. 

This is a great website. As I �ve said in another post we can �t create a perfect world outside or here on ESLPrintables much as we �d like to, there will always be people who cheese you off (unintentionally or very intentionally). Just concentrate on the vast majority and ignore those you find toxic (they �ll get bored eventually and toddle off to bother someone else sensless! )

Kisses and Hugs and Positive Vibes from Barcelona!

30 Oct 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Several of the ones who left were obnoxious, arrogant, know-it-alls. They monopolised the forums with their verbose posts and even took occasion to attack native English speakers because said members did not understand the intricacies and nuances of our language. To me, their leaving is a breath of fresh air. 

30 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

You know, we all have the option to take a breather;  to just make worksheets, download what we need and take a break from the messageboard.

We are:  257234 members here and not all of them visit the board every day.
When I am overwhelmed with work or the bickering here, I just take a break.

This is the only place on the net where anyone at anytime can ask for help and get it, almost instantly.

That is such a gift.
So you won �t be seeing me burn all my bridges.

Hugs and have a well deserved weekend everyone.

L

ps Spagman - drop it -that kind of "talk" is good for nothing.

30 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

I can �t take it for granted that when sb leaves a site it is a breath of fresh air. But as an ordinary person who appreciated , adored the member Idalina very much, I �m much irritated  with your words.
and the existence of a person who has such destroying thoughts as yours will be a breath of fresh air.Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down

30 Oct 2009     

Denisa
Romania

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, MY DEAR FRIENDS, ENOUGH WITH THIS NON-SENSE!
NOONE IS TAKING SIDES, IT �S NOT ABOUT BEING RIGHT OR WRONG OR TAKING SIDES, IT �S NOT ABOUT BEING PART OF ONE NATION(OR CULTURE) OR ANOTHER...ON THE CONTRARY, IT �S ABOUT BEING A GREAAAAAT COMMUNITY WHERE WE GIVE AND SHARE.....
(EACH OF US BEING A SPECIAL INDIVIDUAL FROM VARIOUS NATIONS AND CULTURES, BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SO SPECIAL....)

30 Oct 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

LB,
Sorry MOM!!!  Why don �t you mind your own business?  You always have to make a comment on my comments. Get a life!  I am just saying what others are afraid to say.  I haven �t said anything that wasn �t true.  I �m sorry if I can �t be all sweet and syrupy like you.  At least I didn´t mention any names.

30 Oct 2009     

jamiejules
France

ok.... so everyone is getting a bit upset!!
what the hell is all this supposed to show????
Are we not teachers??
I don �t usually get angry but COME ON!!! GET A GRIP!!!
we are here to work together, for our students!!
There is no time like the present! look around you for crying out loud!
sorry but this is only a site (sorry Victor!!) a great site but there is life elsewhere!!
i hope we can share for a long long time... come on, please

30 Oct 2009     

priorita
Ukraine

I agree with silvanija, jamiejules and others who proposed to continue to live, to work and to help each other.
It �s internet! Tomorrow, everybody who deleated his or her account can register from the other computer and under the other name, and most of us won �t even notice that.

30 Oct 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Tomorrow, everybody who deleated his or her account can register from the other computer and under the other name, and most of us won �t even notice that
They have probably already done it.  If not, you have just given them the idea. LOL

30 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >