Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy holidays    

Happy holidays

gilorit
Israel

Happy holidays

Hi friends
I was on vacation in Tel-Aviv for the last three days and I took a picture of a billboard in Jaffa-Tel-Aviv.
Enjoy
Orit

15 Dec 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hey Orit, Santa must be really hot...
Silke... here the billboards are covered with white.

15 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Just a quick thought for you Silke.... isn�t Jaffa-Tel-Aviv in the northern hemisphere? LOL

It �s no surprise to an Australian to see palm trees... but I �m still in shock after my first ever experience of ice skating (outdoors, even) on Christmas Day last year! Snow & ice?! At Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas to all,
AB

16 Dec 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

16 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Alien Boy, we �re expecting -27 Celcius tonight. 

16 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

That �s not right!!! LOL

I usually expect blue skies, no clouds & 35 Celsius
Champagne breakfast & a cold roast lunch, plenty of beer, a bit of backyard cricket with the nieces & nephews... not icicles!!!!

16 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Yeah but we don �t dream of a white Christmas like Bing Crosby. We have it every year!
That �s a picture taken from my driveway when we received 15 to 20 cm of snow last week.

16 Dec 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Wow Manon. It seems like a scene of a film.

16 Dec 2009     

monchis
Mexico

Woooooooooow! what a great view. Here in Mexico City we do dream of a white Christmas. I can�t imagine how cold that is but it looks beautiful...in winter when temperature decreases to 2-5� C  we freeze jaja, I suppose we wouldn�t survive if it snowed in here, but right now I�m a bit jealous!

16 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Monchis, we are equipped for such weather. Our houses are insulated. A lot of people don �t like winter because it makes driving more difficult and you have to plan your trips according to the forecast. I don �t really like the cold and I absolutely hate shoveling but I think it �s a beautiful season. Besides, I don �t think I would appreciate summer as much if I did not go through winter.

16 Dec 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Gil,
I heard that certain parts of Israel get snow in the month of December. Can you verify this?  How about Jerusalem, since it is up on a hill?  Also, are there shepherds out watching sheep in the fields now?  Thanks!

16 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >