Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin     

I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin

noname001
Australia

Perth - World �s most isolated city !

(Holidaying at the moment though)

16 Dec 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi noname

No name .... ? what a strange name!! no, no noname.. Who are you? What �s your name? You are no name. Well, but this is the name you decided to have, isn �t it? I bet it is not the one you really got when you were born. No one would do such a strange thing. Why did you decide to be no one?
About your printables , deleted ones, be sure, people here try hard and do a remarkable task; it �s Victor �s policy, no cheating,... and when we sign in, we all agree.
Best regards
Linda

16 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

AN interesting PDF about copyright & the internet:

http://www.copyright.com.au/assets/documents/Copying%20and%20the%20Internet.pdf

You �ll find that many things are copyrightable... it �s important not to go on hearsay alone.
I �ve studied some law & worked in copyright related areas with Yellow Pages (including infringement investigations)...

How �s the holiday?

16 Dec 2009     

noname001
Australia

Wow...awesome !!

"provided it is sufficiently original"
(IMHO verbs/slags can never be...) !!

anyway...this can go on...

It is working holidays...going good !!

16 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

but these may have a little more �meat on their bones � if you like:

http://eprints.qut.edu.au/13598/1/13598.pdf

http://www.aph.gov.au/library/INTGUIDE/LAW/Intelectuallaw.htm

Have a good night everyone!

16 Dec 2009     

alice21_ciobanu
Romania

Today for example two of my printables were deleted also...

your contribution LET�S PLAY - POEMS FOR CHILDREN has been removed for the following reasons:
It is not an ESL resource

and

your contribution MY PETS - POEMS FOR CHILDREN has been removed for the following reasons:
It is not an ESL resource

The printables were with a reading activity, a few poems about toys and pets... If someone can tell me why that �s not an ESL Resource maybe I would understand.

It �s really not fair when you are not appreciated I know that, but what can you do? I really love this site and I �m trying to make the best printables I can. Maybe that �s not enough, I don �t know

16 Dec 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

alice did your poems had any task, exercise or something the student should do with them and i am not t alking about you writing on the description of the ws "read and discuss with the students" or anything like that, i mean real tasks for them to do, like fill in the blank the missing words, or reading comprehension questions...something similar. if not, then taking a poem form a book or the net and add some borders, clipart or colors, doesn make it an esl resourse. i suggest that everytime you upload a ws with songs, poems or reading from some place add it exercises because if not then is not an esl resource and will be deleted. another thing is not about having the best ws is about doing them yourself, be creative.

by the way noname werent you leaving?

16 Dec 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Hello noname, I am surprised to read that your work was hard and valuable (I always find it strange when people praise their work as being valuable, important, useful etc.) and that you spent "entire weeks" on it - and then to read that it consisted of English verbs lists taken from the net ...
Entire weeks for 7 or 8 worksheets?
Poor you.
Hopefully you used them in your school / classes or wherever you are teaching so that it was worth your while.

I don �t feel sorry about the loss of 250$ - first of all it sounds like a futile promise made to punish us because we are so mean, and secondly because this site works so wonderfully without one cent being paid by anyone.

16 Dec 2009     

priorita
Ukraine

Bravo, elderverein!
And yes, lizsantiago, I �ve got the same question.

BTW, noname Nisha, how old are you? It seems to me, not very "grown up".

16 Dec 2009     

celine1
France

It can hurt someone �s feelings when ws are deleted. I can understand Noname got upset at first and his/her feelings got hurt a little, but he/she doesn �t seem angry now and I �m sure understands that his worksheets need a bit more substance to be kept on the site. Maybe, Noname, add some exercises about slang on your worksheets: some matching games, or fill the blanks.

So, NoName has calmed down and I think will stay with us... won �t you? this site is really wonderful, I �m sure you know that.

My husband and I are both teachers -he �s not very creative though, he �s lucky to have me otherwise he wouldn �t know how to make a worksheet :) Wink and we both use the website everyday. We discuss which worksheet would be more adapted to his lessons, to mine, to little kids, to teens etc... it has changed our entire way of preparing lessons and our students love to see what worksheet we will bring to class that day. So, a big thank you to everyone.

16 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >