Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help!!!!!!!!!!!    

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

dayssb
Brazil

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear friends!!!!
I don`t know whta to do anymore. I teach English in Public school in my country but now I`m on vacation. Maybe you remeber me... once I wrote I was desperate because of the swine flu in my country. For while, this disease has almost disapeared here but since that time, I`ve felt some strange feelings... I went to a Physiquiatry this morning and she gave me some controled medicines. She told me they would make me feel better and sleepy but the thing is... here I am, no sleeping, my body is shaking, my heart is quite strange, I`m crying.My family has traveled and I`m at home only with the maid. The doctor told me I`ve got Syndrome of Panic... I know this is not the right place to talk about it but I don`t know what to do. I`m desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help me, please.
Thanks my friends all around the world.

29 Dec 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I really think you should see a physician who can give you help about how to handle those panic attacks. If you don �t get that help from the one you already saw, seek another one or go to the hospital.

Please, take care of yourself.

29 Dec 2009     

lemarja3
Slovenia

I �m sorry to hear that you �re not OK. Many people feel strange during holidays because there �s plenty of time but no work. But don �t worry too much and try to relax. I think you should call a friend or go out for a walk ...  That �s what I do when I feel bad ...  

29 Dec 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

I dont think she meant that she panics because of the swine flu :). I actually know some people who have such attacks as well and never figured out the reason behind it. They simply started to faint or the heart started to race etc. What they did was some sort of therapy where they learned a special way of breathing and calming down in such situations, but those are not done by a normal doctor. I think it was done by a psychologist, but not sure at all. Try to see with another doctor and get another opinion and let them advice you how to do, maybe get an advice for a psychologist who can do such therapies. I hope you will get better soon :)

29 Dec 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
Go to a a doctor orto a  pronto socorro as soon as you can. Panic attacks are quite terrible, not funny at all,  because people think they are going to die. I have a friend who had such an attack. The only thing that can help is the right medication and not some walk or cinema.
If you are from S�o Paulo ( capital) you can e mail me. [email protected].

29 Dec 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

Hi dayssb,

Unfortunately, what you describe is not that uncommon. Many people feel the way you do. It is difficult to handle such situation. Anyway, and from what I know, medication doesn �t help much and I agree with SaraaMariam when she talks about the possibility of seeing a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. Psychologists usually help you find out the roots of your panic and can help you face it without medication (medication only gets you addicted and doesn �t solve anything). It is important that you find someone you feel at ease with and whom you can talk to without judging. Try not to stay home and please keep busy doing whatever you like the most. Enjoy the summer in your country. But remember it is important that you understand the roots of your fear so that you can fight it. Don �t give up, dear.
Cheer up, dear.
Hug  

29 Dec 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi dear dayssb,
I know exactly how you feel, believe me. I underwent something similar  when I was in my twenties. You know there �s nothing wrong with you, still you feel as if you were going to die of a heart attack or something. And when this fear assaults you the more you try to stop it the worse you feel and the more scared you are, and then is like a vicious circle. Basically it �s fear of fear itself.
The good news is that you have every chance to overcome this curse with the proper help of a psychologist. I managed to so you will!!!
All the luck, my dear. And anything you need, feel free to pm me any time.
Hugs
Stella

29 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I �ve sent you a PM.

29 Dec 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Pmed you.
Kisses

29 Dec 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

I �m sorry to hear that you are not fine, my mum used to have those attacks, at first I couldn �t quite understand her, but now I �m starting to feel pretty bad myself and I feel desperate too, I �m dealing with a lot of problems, so it �s more like a personal crisis. My mum is better now, I believe the important thing to find the proper way to deal with it with a doctor, and then try to find out the cause of your anguish, maybe it will take time but at least you are listening this alarm. I hope you get well soon, and if it �s good for you to hear from us here, keep doing it, we will be here for you too.

Warm hugs,

Nikita

29 Dec 2009     

anism
Argentina

Hello! I �m sorry to hear that too! I �ve suffered from Syndrome of Panic. I know how you feel, I couldn �t breath and sometimes I felt like I was about to die!! But you won �t, trust yourself, your family, talk to your friends. They can help you. You need support. But you will get over this, don �t worry, and you will learn positive things from this terrible experience, believe it or not. It is not easy, but you have already taken the first step: you went to the doctor- So, from now on try to relax, keep talking to us if you want, and everything �s going to be fine.
Hugs!!!!!
Anal�a

29 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >