Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > happy new year    

happy new year

strangeineverything
Switzerland

happy new year

happy new year to all teachers all over the world

1 Jan 2010      

cheezels
New Zealand

I noticed you have changed your flag since the last time I saw you post on the forum.
What advertising are you talking about?
The only other site mentioned on this site is a site made by Victor too. I am betting that this is going to turn out to be one of those moments that you really wish you had not said anything.

I remember your post about wanting to publish worksheets. It was a joke wasn �t it in the end? You have a strange sense of humour considering what some members of this site are going through due to their work being published without their permission. Personally I thought it was in very bad taste.

How long have you been a member here? Do you actually have any idea of the things that Victor has done for members here and for this site over the years? I have been a member for over a year and I can �t believe the helpfulness and generosity that has been shown to make this a great website.

I think you are posting yet another aggravating post to stir things up on the forum. I think you are bitter because your worksheets were removed because they were copied from websites. I suggest that instead of complaining you read the FAQ �s and registration rules again.

Victor is a teacher and this website started out small and has grown to a huge number just in the time I have been here. How long do you think it takes to read every email, every PM, sort out website issues... all for free in whatever free time he has. His family must be very understanding, that is for sure!

This community is everything and more than I could have ever hoped to belong to. You could be a part of it if you were to contribute more than whining and sniping on the forum.

1 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

If Victor earns some money, it �s through his own work designing, improving and keeping this site away from people who just want to mess things up, which ones you are a perfect example of, BTW.

He �s doing a terrific job here, benefiting millions of students around the world, and this splendid job (and no one said he can �t earn some for it) is priceless. If he earns a fortune, it �s from his own (and hard) work, and he deserves each cent.

We all are grateful for Victor doing it for us and some of us - just in case you �re not aware of - also support the site and "try to pay 1% of his work" contributing via paypal.

Have a great 2010.

1 Jan 2010     

morganalin
Portugal

Segdor, you have no reason to talk the way you talk. We should be grateful because we have here a wonderful site with enormous resources that help us plan our lessons. I use it daily in my classes, but I never thought of taking profit of the amazing ws that members put here. I have been a member of this community for over two years and half and I just have to thank Victor for his amazing work. I don �t want care if he earns something with this site...

Take care

1 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I am so happy I can see other people �s work here, I improved my way of designing worksheets, I have met a lot of wonderful people and I love being part of this site. I do not care how much Victor earns from this site!!!! It �s his work after all !!!  BUT.....DON �T YOU DARE taking wss from here without asking!!

1 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sarcasm won �t turn your real intentions less clear than they already are, sir.

1 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

I don �t understand your point. Victor has done nothing wrong to be defended. You, on the other hand are a first class twit and deserve criticism for the very strange things you are writing here.

What point are you trying to make exactly?
Edit: I see you have deleted your original post.

1 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

Hey segdor....

why don �t you shut %#% *&@# up

and now that �s you �ve edited your initial post....

why don �t you shut %#% *&@# up! once more..

1 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

This member is so coward that he edited his first thread to make us look stupid. But I have the pleasure to tell you what his thread is about: he said Victor earns money from our work. And now he edited the post, just running away from his own words. If you are so courageous to come here and say bad things about the site �s owner, you should be capable of supporting what you said. I won �t erase any of my words here.

Here is his first comment:

segdor
Israel

How much money does Victor earn?

you showered me with insults when I said I would publish worksheets.You led me to truly believe that you hated talking about making profits out of others � work.Now here �s one thing here.Have you ever wondered how much money Sir Victor earns out of the ads on his site?Thousands of dollars, without a grain of doubt.Victor does almost nothing and earns of fortune thanks to the naivety of the members of his site.That was his aim at the outset.Don �t kid yourselves into believing he would do it for the sake of teaching or the like.

1 Jan 2010      

1 Jan 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks, Cheezels, for letting us know that this person has changed her flag. I don �t know who this person is, why he/she changed her flag and what was his/her previous post. However I �d like to say a few words:

What are your reasons for using the Israeli flag, I don �t know, but your insults are horrible and totally and completely wrong.Victor is an angel and you should be ashamed to insult him in a public forum. Use your real identity and apologize.

1 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

yup, that �s sounds just like him

spoken like a true douchebag!
LOL

LOL

1 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >