Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To the moderators of the website who deleted my worksheet !!    

To the moderators of the website who deleted my worksheet !!

moravc
Czech Republic

I think we should follow the rules... If the ws fulfills the rules, it should stay...
I find many wss "too plain and easy" to download them...
I think I can guess how much time it took to make some wss and when I don �t see any effort/time/creativity put into the ws, I do not download it... We can see tens of "quick" wss every day..
We accept copied picture + activity such as: colour according to instructions by your teacher...
BUT can we judge the ws by its quality? Or how fast it was prepared?
NO!
Victor �s rule is: we can copy the text if we state the source + we must add an activity (-ies)
This rule was fulfilled, I think...
The activity was very short (find 15 words), but there was an activity...
I would think there MIGHT be more activities  to go with the copied text...
But I cannot force the uploader to be more hard-working, can I?
... and I think we cannot force the uploader to give more precise instructions either...
I disagree with the contents, quality or purpose of many wss, so I never report and rarely vote...
What can be useless for one teacher, might be useful for other teachers...

3 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I �ll repeat!!...

I just find rude that as you can �t defend things you start accusing and attacking! Why don �t you tell us very well what can be done by putting random words in order of appearance!?...
I wonder..... who are the nasty ones here.. Instead of providing an asnwer you start arguing and accusing and fighting!..

CAn you tell us... HOW can the worksheet that was uploaded last night (which is not the same as this one now) could  be used and exploited in class?

I wonder..

3 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Samantha... some suggestions on how to use this sheet were done in the comments, did u read them?

* I think it is an ESL-related task... The exercise makes students read the text a lot of times in order to make sure that they put the words in the correct order, I think it�s some kind of fun competition - the first student to finish this task is the winner! ;o) I have even seen this kind of exercise in some books by Peter Watcyn-Jones, so I really can�t see what�s wrong with this worksheet...

* It�s a text, with its source acknowledged + a reading activity (scanning) = an ESL resource.

* It does have an exercise that focuses on sentence structure and semantics.

And I remember when I was a student I did lots of these "scanning" activities

3 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

I can see how this could be a new way to think about key vocabulary within a text. Also reading the text again closely looking for the key vocabulary and then writing it all helps you to remember it.

I will add aggressive, rude and nasty to my original abrupt comment. I don �t have to wonder who, I know from your posts.

So many people in so many different threads have mentioned to you about the way that you address people here on the forum. Are we all wrong? Something to think about Samantha.

3 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Ohh Wonderful! Is all that described included in the worksheet!?? It �s NOT even implied in the description of the worksheet as it says: Reading comprehension.
I don �t need to answer you back Chezzels because I �m not any of the things you say.. and the �so many people � that you mention... They are just a gruop of people who don �t like me.

I didn �t report this worksheet just because, I considered it not an ESL resource.. NOw it �s been uploaded again... And not even Happy Austrian can expalin clearly what can be done with this. She probably is still searching on internet to see what to asnwer.
It �s the users tasks to provide clear instructions and activities.. We are not suppose to download things and start thinking how could I use it. But this doesn �t mean I �m rude or agressive! Because I wonder, as you defend the worksheet that much, how could possibly this help students.?.. Well, then something to think for you!

Anywya, I�m off.... so I won�t be able to check your marvelous answers!...
Cheerio!

3 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

I have already told you why I think it could be helpful.

Why do you think a group of people do not like you. Could it possibly be your rudeness and aggression towards many members here?

The poster has already explained that they were taught this method by their professor but you seem unable to comprehend this point. So I ask you again, are you a professor, do you know everything that there is to know about learning?
I have been a teacher for many many years and I consider it to be a lifelong learning process. The day I stop learning and close myself to new ideas is the day I die. If someone shows me something new I like to find out more about how to use it or how to do it successfully.

I think you have quite an inflated opinion of your own knowledge and seem to be very resistant to learning new things.
What you COULD have done if you were considerate and polite was to PM the original poster with questions. You COULD have PM �d the OP to let them know what some comments were, BUT you chose to post them here. Quite confrontational don �t you think.

You still have not removed the moderators comments even though some who were on there have said they are not happy with it being there.
Again a lack of consideration for others.
EDIT: While I was writing this it looks like Victor has removed the moderators comments from your earlier post. Thank you Victor.

3 Jan 2010     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

The rules about the worksheets are there to be read and some people don �t mind explaining them to the new members.
I think it was a sad discussion here in the forum and a sad discussion between the moderators.
All this could be avoided... (I would never answer back some of the statements I have read here)

Best wishes to you all and happy new year.

3 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, I voted for the removal as I didn �t think it was an ESL resource. But there is many moderators and we don �t have to agree with each other all the time. Fine, if someone don �t agree with me, that his point of view, I wrote mine. But why, WHY to copy moderator �s comments here? I believe this is something AGAINST the rules (mind you, when I am writing this, Victor has already removed it) and such moderator should be banned.
I am not polite all the time and some things drive me crazy sometimes, but this is too much.

@happy-Austrian: If you think I am narrow-minded, that �s your opinion. I always appreciated your effort while reporting wss and even yesterday I wrote so. There was nothing personal when I voted against your ws, I just did what I considered as right thing. Believe me (or not) I take moderating very seriously and always try my best while voting. And I also obey the rules. Because I didn �t think your ws was an ESL resource REALLY doesn �t mean I am narrow-minded and I feel offended by that.

Regards, Michaela

3 Jan 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

I won �t engage on the discussion of the removed worsheet because I don �t know what this is all about.

I �m here just to say that comments made on the reported contributions page shouldn �t be made public because Victor stated that:

There are new changes in the moderators � page:

In colour yellow you can see the reasons why the contribution has been reported. If it has been reported for different reasons, you have to vote for the best reason.

The comments (in blue) are only for the other moderators, not for the reported user.

If the contribution is removed, the author will get a message with the reason (the one that gets more votes), but not the comments.

Besides, not all the people have access to the moderator �s page: you need 1000 points to belong to that group:

3 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

I voted for REMOVAL! cause, quite frankly, it was pointless

as for calling us moderators narrow-minded.....I think that the only member that �s narrow-minded in here...is our little happy Austrian...who �s isn �t that happy to begin with....
LOL

looking forward in seeing your open-minded, super-modern contributions...in the near future....I �m sure you �ll knock my socks off Tongue

goodluck!

hugs and kisses

3 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >