Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To the moderators of the website who deleted my worksheet !!    

To the moderators of the website who deleted my worksheet !!

happy-Austrian
Austria

Dear all, especially Manonski and MJ_MISA :-)

I didn �t mean to offend anyone and am herewith taking back the words � narrow-minded � and � not so modern �. Sorry !

Our dear little Babz,

I really like your sense of humour and I �m not angry because you don �t think my ws was an ESL resource. I surely won �t make anybody download it ! But for some teachers it may be worth a try. Got a few encouraging comments already, so I am very, very, very happy !! :-)))))))

Dear JulietaVL,

thank you so very much for your support. I really appreciate it. :-)

Dear Ladybird,

thank you for your gorgeous comment on this worksheet ! I believe you are a very kind and sensible person.

Dear Cheezels,

I loved to read your posts ! You seem to be a very tolerant person and you think before you speak. ;-))

Dear Baiba,

thank you for wise words ! :-))

Dear Moravc,

thanks to you for enlightening me and giving me some advice !

Samanta,

quite a bunch of people here don �t seem to take you very serious and I begin to understand why !

Noone has to come to the forum to defend their worksheet because you order them to do so.

I said what I had to say in my first post and it seems that some people, not you of course, have understood what I tried to explain and they even like my former prof �s approach to learning new vocabulary and want to give it a go in their classrooms. So there you go !! :-))))))))

Oooooooooo almost forgot to mention it !!!! I am a HE-teacher not a SHE-teacher ! Your accusations are complete nonsense. :-D

So the owner of ESL had to come to the forum to delete part of your first post. I think that says it all............

The happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Austrian ;-)

4 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

me think someone needs a hug

(don �t take these comments so seriously....)

4 Jan 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

OMG: This discussion is getting really hot. 
Now Happy Austrian is FAMOUS! and I start feeling like going to have a look at his WS. What an amazing trick to get publicity!
Sorry to interrupt, but I couldn�t help reading this soap opera. 
Probably a good Idea to stop here before it gets out of the good manners . . .
I love the site and all the discussion sometimes generates!

4 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Misseleonora... sorry but this is not a trick at all, you may think this since you do not know what happened the previous days, this is a long story.

*** Thanks for the reminder Dami

4 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Oh Happy Austrian, what you think about me, honestly doesn �t mean anything to me. That you suggest and think other members dislike me, doesn �t do anything to me either!..

And I �m still waiting for your answer and to expalin how can this so useful worksheet, according to you, can be used and exploided in class. Seems like that you don �t even have idea about teaching!

Best of luck!....

Oh! And it is indeed a good way of advertising. 15 downloads so far! better than the 3 from last night!

OHH and about my post being with the moderators comments being deleted...  What says it all? why do you feel you won something!? I was only after a meaningful answer that by the way no-one could give. NOT even you could tell us what could be done by putting words in order like that in your first worksheet.
As you can�t defend your work you start accusing and arguing and deviating the purpose of the original report.
Victor Kindly pmed me and expalined to me the reasons and that he hadn�t had time to check carefully this about your worksheet and account! ..:-)))))))

ooopss.!

4 Jan 2010     

happy-Austrian
Austria

Dear Miss Eleonara,

if Samanta hadn �t reported my ws without a good reason, I wouldn �t have come to the forum to explain, not to advertise.

In fact she has been giving me all this � publicity � which I never even wanted to have ! ;-))

Dear JulietaVL,

again I have to thank you for being so nice.

Sammantha,

Once again for you because you still don �t understand:

1- In my 1st post, I have already explained the purpose of the exercise in question and I �m not going to repeat myself. Others have been able to read and have understood the background, so why not you ?? Perhaps you are the one who hasn �t got any idea about teaching eh ?? :-))))))))))
2- You have no right to judge the quality (including the purpose) of my ws or any other member �s ws in ESLP.
3- No wonder I got only 3 downloads the day before ! If you hadn �t unjustly reported my work, it could have been much more.
4- You are the one who started all the accusing not me..........
5- Victor can check whatever he wants to check about me......... I have nothing to hide. Oooops !!

The Still Happy Austrian :-)

4 Jan 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Samantha,
Frankly, I don �t see why you insist on getting a complex explanation of something so simple. I understood from what Happy Austrian has explained in his first post that this task is just a way of drawing students � attention towards certain vocabulary items in an attempt to make them memorable. If the students succeed in remembering them or not, well, that �s another story. According to Happy Austrian it does work. IMHO we can �t judge his approach to vocabulary teaching until we try it ourselves. So I �d suggest you stopped all this argument around this particular worksheet since, obviously, it �s going nowhere...
Have a nice day,

Stella

4 Jan 2010     

happy-Austrian
Austria

Dear Stellam,

I bow to you. Thanks a million to you !! :-)

HA

4 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

I haven �t read all the replies but I do agree with a few members here. Rules are not being followed. A non-ESL resource should be something like a picture with nothing added, two lines of gibberish or a Physic �s lesson and even then I �d have a hard time saying it wasn �t if it had been properly presented.

We shouldn �t report things because:

A) We don �t use them
B) We don �t know how to use them

Just because you �d never use it, does NOT give anyone the right to Report something. And I will say this again as I did on the reporting page...- People have got to STOP thinking that an ESL Resource needs to be something spectacular that needed a 100 hours to do!! Not all good things in life are beautiful or elaborate!! The most simplest looking worksheet is sometimes the best. AND since I �ve been teaching Word finds and Crosswords have always been considered as resources!!

I am very sorry that this happened to you Happy Austrian. I �d like to apologize for some moderators behaviour but quite frankly, lately, when I see "It �s not an ESL Resource" because that person has never taught a child, or a student whose native language is different from our alphabet and letter recognition worksheets are removed, I am hard pressed to not think that some are not as open-minded as they would like to seem.

4 Jan 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

Happy Austrian,
Im sorry It was just a joke to put some cold water on this hot and sad conversation. 
But I do agree with your WS utility. In fact I like it to be so a different method. Sometimes a simple twist can work for specific students and make them remember a word.
You will laugh at me if I told you my ways to remember a word in a diff language. But they work for me! and that�s is all that counts. 
Teaching is a way full of love dedication and creativity, finding the ways to make ss love English, and I work everyday for that.
Don�t explain yourself more and just close the door leaving out this frustration and move on! Go on being happy and I will be looking forward to your new contributions.Geek
Best.

4 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3