Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just wondering...    

Just wondering...

victor
Spain

Just wondering...

Sometimes the new changes have effects that were not expected.

As you probably know, reported contributions are "frozen", that is, it is not possible to download them anymore, and you can see a red label that says "This document has been reported..."

The problem is that it could be humiliating for the author of the worksheet. Someone could think that it is a copy when it is just that it contains a watermarked clipart. Moreover, the worksheet could have been unfairly reported.

I was wondering if it could be better if the reported document just "disappears" until it is reviewed by the moderators.

19 Feb 2010      

pauguzman
Argentina

good idea!

19 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I agree with you victor. It �s humiliating indeed because most people will take it as stolen.  I hadn �t thought of that either. If those are the 2 options, I choose the last one .- make the worksheet disappear.

19 Feb 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Yes yes yes! I had exactly the same thoughts, Victor!
Reporters can make a mistake and hurt an innocent person...

19 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

With a message to the author, explaining that if the worksheet is OK, it will be included again the following day.

19 Feb 2010     

missola
Palestine

It �s better that the reported worksheets disappear than showing the red label.

Thank you Victor.

19 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Victor, before we had the chance to update the worksheet when it was reported. It happened to me once, not long ago. We no longer can do that, can we?

19 Feb 2010     

Je suis papillon
Argentina

Great idea Victor!!! It will be better to desappear the ws for a day than put it a red label. It will be more polite!

19 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

No Mena, now it is not possible.
Someone uploaded a copied worksheet, and got quite a lot of points. Then, when it was reported, s/he updated it, changing it for another one which was not a copy. The moderators didn �t remove it, since it was not a copy anymore, and that member got away with the points.

19 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I see. Then I �ll definitely choose the "make the worksheet disappear" option.

Let me take the opportunity to ask you another question, if you are still there. I �ve sent 3 templates and I �m not allowed to send anymore contributions today. Do you think it would be possible not to count with the templates as a contribution?

19 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes, templates should not be counted. I �ll change that.

19 Feb 2010     

1    2    3    Next >