Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Trying to hide it, huh?    

Trying to hide it, huh?

donapeter
Romania

Same kind of blogs and same shared material. Right? 
IT should be a competition between them or a joyful alliance? 

20 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Dona

Happy to see you around. Thanks a lot for your careful explanation. I know people can earn money with their blogs ( sincerely, I am not sure if that is a sin ), but I think, well, I am not sure, but I suppose all those adds around don �t pay any money if they aren �t clicked. So, I think you can visit one of those webs and if you don �t click on the adds, the webmaster won �t get any money from having there this or that add.

@ blunderbuster
Hi checked the link, may be I need to change my glasses, but I didn �t see anything less correct, God... - what am I missing?

Besides, what is " the matter at hand"? - Didn �t Dona stick to the hand? Or are you speaking a bout something different? May be this is but a big confusion, if you want to speak about something else, don �t get me wrong, but may that if you could explain it better, so that we don �t have to goo round and round this mulberry bush...Wink
linda

20 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

@Linda.....I just wanted to point out that there can be some mischievous intentions when someone advertises his/her blog. Even if it is almost for nothing. Not the case here. If the content is the same and both sites share some common members it doesn �t mean it �s wrong. Does anyone have the patent for this invention (ESL resource blogs) and they have to ask for rights? 
I think I don �t get it either! Confused

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Sulekra picked up on it, so I guess it is clear what I mean(t).

20 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

So sorry,
while I was writing my last post this naive conversation changed a little. I am off. Thank you all, for your cooperation, for your info, but this is not the kind of thing I enjoy. When people begin shouting, I prefer to retire.
Have a nice Sunday
linda

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Night. 

20 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Blunderbuster

I didn �t initially pick up on it because I didn �t scroll down to the comment.  It wasn �t until I saw Sulekra �s comment here that I went back and scrolled down (and then promptly deleted my reply which was irrelevant).

Kisdobos has been a member here for some time and he still contributes valuable contributions.  When he first started the site he PM �d a lot of us and he talked about it his site in a forum post.  He has a link to his website on his members page here as do many other members. 

I �m sure that Victor is aware of it and if he didn �t approve of it he would have addressed it by now and put something in the rules.

Many of our members also contribute both here and there and if you look now you will see some familiar names and familiar contributions.

Hope that helps just a little bit.

Cheers

Jayho

20 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

@ blunderbuster
You have to say it more clearly: this person advertises his site on other �s people domain and he uses the site and his rights of downloading to make his site visible. He uses his right to post a comment and he advertises his site. 
If we take this into consideration we also have to see that there is another member who gives the link of his site directly on the forum. He was told not to do that ( by us not by Victor) and he ....did what? He continued to do that. 
The question is: what do they get from this? 
Is this the question? Do they want to help, to offer another opportunity to upload/download wss, they want to win a contest or what? 

20 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I agree that this message board would be swamped if everyone advertised their own stuff - BUT.....
if someone asks for help or for a worksheet pertaining to a topic they are working with,-
AND...
if you just happen to have made such a worksheet - then I think it �s ok to give a link to that worksheet.

20 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

LB - I think you interpreted the message just like I did initially - you need to scroll down to the first comment for that contribution

20 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >