Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > the important things in life!!!    

the important things in life!!!

naryana
Saudi Arabia

OOOh ,wooow can �t agree more....thank you lovel Moslimah, please send us more...

27 Jul 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I think your stories should be in the caf�, not in the general forum, as they are not really related to teaching English or to the site ... 

27 Jul 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I think your stories should be in the caf�, not in the general forum, as they are not really related to teaching English or to the site ... 

27 Jul 2010     

donapeter
Romania

What do you mean Elderberryewine? That this kind of topics http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=21111 or http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=21069 or http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19692
and many others are not supposed to be on the main page? You mean copy-pasted stories are not smart/educative for us? And what? You cannot see the connection with the teaching of English? - hello!!!they are in english!
well...me neither! 
But....if we say this openly we are mean and against any moral values that other people preach. (  Victor stated in RULES :If you want to share photos, wishes, funny videos, etc. please use the "teachers � cafe", not the forum.) 
But who reads the rules? 

naryana : Please send us more stories? Ok...but via PM or Cafe. Some of us can search  on Internet for such stories. She�s not a diviner or something. She takes them from internet, too.

@ all the people who want to read moral stories(more than one a day/week/month- delivered by ESL teachers) here it is: http://academictips.org/blogs/

27 Jul 2010     

BBrenton
Canada

Thanks for the link.

But a house and car is the most important?  Come on.  Materialistic much?
It �s a far cry from the message of Ecclesiastes by the wisest philosopher ever which says everything is vanity except to love God.  :(

27 Jul 2010     

donapeter
Romania

BBrenton
Dear, if you �ve found a story about it, please feel free to copy-paste it here! 

(IT IS A JOKE)

27 Jul 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

@BBrenton, I think you missed the point. The most important things were represented by the big rocks, not the pebbles. They are less important, but still important nonetheless. No house--where does your family live? No car? How do you get to work to make money to get food and clothing and entertainment for your family?

And Solomon was a wise guy. Not much of a philosopher though. Ecclesiastes is one of my favorite books of the bible, but I don �t think Solomon qualifies as "the wisest philosopher ever" by any reasonable reckoning.

That being said, I enjoyed the story and the metaphor (as well as the beer addendum!).

27 Jul 2010     

douglas
United States

I think this type of story very much belongs in the forum, many will use this in thier lessons and others have even shared how they have used it in the past.   It �s not a fleeting "happy birthday"greeting that is "here to day, gone tomorrow", it has lasting use and purpose. 

I think it keeps with the spirit of the site and am surprised by many of the directed, cold-hearted comments I have read on the forum the last couple of days--I wish we could back to happier times on the forum (we used to even play games on the forum to prevent boredom and stimulate thought).

Douglas

27 Jul 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Douglas, correct me if Iam wrong: we are welcome to copy-paste stories here? What about giving a link? 
And yes.....respecting Victor �s rules makes us cold-hearted! 
Playing games is a smart thing to do, past-ing a story....without even writing a conclusion of his/her own makes it useless. MHO. How smart can you be to paste a story from another site?And then to make a comment like: Wow...it is so great1 Give us more! (copy-paste more stories) 

27 Jul 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think this kind of stories could be sent as a worksheet. ( The funny thing is that I have it in form of a worksheet). The stories people send are very often interesting and could provide excellent discussions for advanced students. What do you think?

27 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >