Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > the important things in life!!!    

the important things in life!!!

donapeter
Romania

Silvia , you did it, but for some of us is just too difficult to add exercises and questions. It �s so easy just to copy paste and play smart.

27 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

In my opinion such texts (long and big-font) should not be copy-pasted on the forum.
I would welcome any self-created piece of reflection or a new idea though. Easy to imagine what would happen with the forum if we all started to post our favourite quotes....

P.S. It can be easily posted as a link.

27 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Could it be that the lovely moslimah wants to tell us something? Yes, us, the people who don �t take the time to listen to ( or read) what others have to say, who are only interested in saying what they themselves have to say (especially me Evil Smile ).

Maybe WE inspired her to post these things here by OUR behavior (again, especially me Geek).

I will go and stand in the corner now and wait until I am finally asked to share my opinion. 

Big smile

27 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I believe that sometimes... people put sand (or even beer, Evil Smile) in the forum�s jar, and then the rocks get pushed off the forum�s main page... how about that?

Cool

Have a nice day, guys!
Bruna

27 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Just a small point, because I �m a little confused. Are we talking about sand or lettuce?
I thought Cos was a type of lettuce?
Sorry, just injecting a little humour, but your point is valid and taken.

27 Jul 2010     

Zora
Canada

Wow, such a beautiful message! Thank you for sharing it.

And people -imagine  the discussions one could have in class using this - as Giovanni has pointed out! It�s an incredibly lovely topic to talk about. One that gets people thinking about what is important... like right now...

Why should this not be on the main forum? It�s in English. It�s a thought/message/idea for us all to ponder and most importantly (to those who are being quite strict about rules here) - it can be used in class.

I am glad this was posted here or I would have missed it... You see, I don�t go into the Caf�. I don�t care for the Caf� and I am sure there are many of us here who feel the same - or just don�t have the time or inclination to go into the Caf�...

And like Douglas, I also miss the light-heartedness of before. I liked playing games with people, having new members join in on the fun and just basically "fool around".  And what�s more, guess what? Those games I started using in class and some were a hit, other not but it was fun, it gave me ideas and I loved the light hearted feeling of being able to joke around. Now, the forum is.. I hate to say this... boring. You get the odd person like Sylvie, Bruna or others that try to lighten things up, move us away from "all this serious teacher business" and people "yell" at them! Not nice. At all.

Anyways, I had my say.

Wonderful story. Please keep them coming. Smile

Hugs,
Linda

27 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3