Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dona
the question of winners has come up before, and at one point I was composing poems and sending them to the funniest answers, but after a brief discussion we came to the conclusion that the non-native speakers were at a disadvantage and it wouldn �t be fair to turn this into a contest. But I am always open to suggestions or ideas, or words even. One proposal was to turn it into a rolling post whereby the funniest answer of the day gets to post next day �s word. That is also do-able provinding people are up for it...
what do you think?

19 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

One proposal was to turn it into a rolling post whereby the funniest answer of the day gets to post next day �s word. That is also do-able provinding people are up for it...
what do you think?

IMHO, that �s a really good idea!!

Moreover, it means that not one single person has to do the thread moderating all the time!

19 Sep 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Oh my! I missed some things out there!!! 
Sorry guys!!! 
Let �s forget about that contest. You �re right!!!! Making it a contest will create other arguments between us!!!

Anyway...I just enjoy reading all the definitions!!
As Sylvie said some days before.....I think I �ll keep in mind only the funny definitions,but the correct ones!!!!Embarrassed

19 Sep 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hey Frank - does this jog your memory ...

franknbea
Poland

Hello everybody!
Ooh! Ooh! can I play?
I like this game... Hmmm. Let �s see...
It �s obviously some kind of code... If i just add this letter here, take away this one
Ahhh! that �s better

Flossingnowseenasahillbillyfixation!
Yep, that sounds about right...Big smile

Cheers

Jayho

20 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3