Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I have a doubt ...    

I have a doubt ...

stessenspaola
Argentina

I have a doubt ...

I �ve  adoubt. I have posted a worksheet some days ago about AIDS and the moderators removed it, they said the article that I used was a copy from cell (aparently it �s an esl book) I took this article from the internet and it was not an esl page. I replay their messege and also sent them the page where I found the article but they haven �t answered me back. What can I do when they didn �t answer our doubts?

20 Oct 2010      

s.lefevre
Brazil

If you copied an article and there were no exercices made by yourself, it isn �t considered an ESL resource because it isn �t your original work.

20 Oct 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Well that was not the case, I �ve made plenty of activities! I even created a crossword, and a final task... The case is that they told me the article is from an ESL book, and I sent them the page, but still no answer!! so what can I do?

20 Oct 2010     

Errie
Japan

I was in such situation. It was not from a book or what so ever because I always create my own wss. In my case it was only one watermarked picture and that �s against the rules. For me, no problem at all if it is against the rules it should be removed no discussion about that.
I �ve sent a message that there are tons of sheets here with one or more watermarked pictures. So I told them that moderators have to take care of that properly. I know it �s a hell of a job but that �s no excuse. If you want to be a moderator then you have to do your job right?.

Now you guess....yep no answer.
I write this just to let you know that you �re not the only one here.

20 Oct 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Well I guess the only alternative is to guess what may have been the mistake. I feel bad not because they removed my work, but because I �ve no clue of my mistake. Thanks for your answer.

20 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

stessenspaola,

I reported the ws, because I found exactly the same quiz on the internet!!! It was a copy and that �s why it has been removed.

20 Oct 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Yes I know it �s a copy, but in the rules they say we can use articles or stuff from pages that are not ESL. But they told me they didn �t remove it for the quiz but because of the article, they say it �s an article of Cells (an ESL book), so it was for the article not for the quiz. However the article is also from the internet not from an ESL book! So?

20 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

SO?....Where was your own original work? It was an entire copy from the internet and other moderators checked and agreed with me, otherwise it would not be removed!

This site is for original contributions!

BTW: If I copied everything from the internet, I would be ashamed to admit it on the forum. I �d keep my mouth shut and try to create something on my own.

20 Oct 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Ok, I �m Knew here and I need to know what can i do or can �t, so I understood that we an use articles from the internet as long they are not fro esl pages and as long as I add my own activties, so according to what you say I can �t do that. Thanks now I have a clue

20 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

We CAN  use articles from the internet (not ESL sites) if you acknowledge the source and add some ORIGINAL activities. The removed ws was entirely taken from the internet without any original work.
I saw your other wss and know you can create a good stuff of your own.

20 Oct 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Well I added activities in the first sheet and in another sheet (which was the second part) because I couldn �t uploaded together. Well I �m going to be more careful next time, thanks for your advice and clarifying that the remove wasn �t for the article but it was for the  lack of activities.  

20 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >