Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pencilpals from Antartica wanted    

Pencilpals from Antartica wanted

gloriawpai
Brazil

Ed, please pick me, I can tell you why. Take a look at this pic. It was taken from my window.

16 Dec 2010     

ellakass
Israel

Do you think we have no penguins at all? Sometimes and only on  mountains.Need pencilpals ASAP, the snow can melt.

16 Dec 2010     

stexstme
France

LOLThank you all!LOL
Ed, could my kids & I apply too ?
 They can �t write, but they might surprise you ...!
Sylvie

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

OMG.... I had no idea so many members of this forum would respond so ethusias... enthiss.. with such fervor. I �m going to refer some of you to:

orhanmazman
Turkey

Panpals from JAPAN wanted

Hi dear colleagues from Japan,

We are from Turkey and would like to have penpals from Japan. I have about 20 language class students and I would like my students to correspond with new friends from Japan. Why only Japan? Because we have never been able to exchange letters more than twice with other countries! I do not know why but they quit very soon...
I now have grown-up ex-students who still chat and exchange letters with friends from this country. As I think Japanese people are ,I believe, more friendly and loyal, I will accept any offers from Japanese teachers to start a new correspondence between Turkey and Japan.

I think writing snail mails is a better way of communicating as I do think they snail mails feel a bit more intimate than electronic mails. And they do look as if they have made a long journey when when arrive. E-mails lack this fact.

So if you are interested (my dear Japanese colleagues), I could write a list of my students as boys and girls and then your students choose among them and write the very first letters. I will send you the address to our school in Tokat, Turkey.

Hope to hear from Japanese teachers soon.

Yours sincerely.

16 Dec 2010      

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

@ellakass..Are pinguins distant cousins to the better known penguins???

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

I hope you guys don �t mind terribly but I took the liberty of sending your names to

orhanmazman
Turkey

Panpals from JAPAN wanted

Hi dear colleagues from Japan,

We are from Turkey and would like to have penpals from Japan. I have about 20 language class students and I would like my students to correspond with new friends from Japan. Why only Japan? Because we have never been able to exchange letters more than twice with other countries! I do not know why but they quit very soon...
I now have grown-up ex-students who still chat and exchange letters with friends from this country. As I think Japanese people are ,I believe, more friendly and loyal, I will accept any offers from Japanese teachers to start a new correspondence between Turkey and Japan.

I think writing snail mails is a better way of communicating as I do think they snail mails feel a bit more intimate than electronic mails. And they do look as if they have made a long journey when when arrive. E-mails lack this fact.

So if you are interested (my dear Japanese colleagues), I could write a list of my students as boys and girls and then your students choose among them and write the very first letters. I will send you the address to our school in Tokat, Turkey.

Hope to hear from Japanese teachers soon.

Yours sincerely.

16 Dec 2010      

16 Dec 2010     

ellakass
Israel

You are right ,Ed. It is penguin in Hebrew.Thank you!

16 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I don �t think orhanmazman will ever write asking for penpals again after this thread ... Evil Smile

16 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Ed, I �m preparing to be picked for next year,  if I am not chosen this year.  I have already started a breeding farm in my back yeard which is for penguins only.  Look, the colony is getting bigger and bigger each day.  Do you think I have a chance?

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Very tempting Nancy... I can almsot smell the guano.

16 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >