Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > teaching skills    

teaching skills

stexstme
France

teaching skills

Jesus went onto the mountain. He looked up - & said :

� You, people, will be happy, because your kingdom is mine. Those who suffer will get comfort.�

Then Simon said : � Did we have to write it down ?�

Then Andr� asked : � Do we have to learn it ?�

And Jack said : � By heart ???????�

Then Philipp added : � It�s too difficult!�

John said : � I haven�t got any paper!�

& Thomas added : � No ink in my pen!�

Barthelemy added : � Shall we have a test ?�

Mathew got up & asked : � May I go to the toilets ?�

Simon said : � The bell�s going to ring!�

Then,a  priest of the Temple got near Jesus, and said : � What�s the problem from the very start ?What was the problem ? What were your objectives ? What skill are you expecting them to work on ? Why didn�t you make them work in pairs ??? Are you sure you taught them right ??? Couldn�t you think of something better ???�

Then, Jesus sat...

& cried.

Wink

12 Jan 2011      

Zora
Canada

LOL - *no words needed* LOL

12 Jan 2011     

xaimwadi
Turkey

Jesus is a prophet of Christian people and Muslim people who believe Him as God �s prophet.. So I think we shouldn �t make fun of people �s belief.

12 Jan 2011     

stexstme
France

You know what ??? Get lost.
No other comment, my dear friend - you do not deserve it - & I �m not the polite kind.
I �m talking about MY religion- not yours.
I �m not even making fun of it. If you can read. - You obviously cannot. I feel sorry for you. 
& if anyone gunned or killed someone because of MY religion, he�d be out from the whole community. Right ???? ( Not telling you about Heaven!!)

12 Jan 2011     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Yeah.... that �s us, teachers Cry
Niiiiiiiice ma tr�s ch�re amie! I love it :**********

12 Jan 2011     

stexstme
France

Hiya Dear Aim�e!!!
I thought that was ... funny. And not offensive - You know me : I �m a believer. But I just cannot stand those people who :
1/ Haven �t got a sense of humour
2/ still believe Jesus didn �t have any!!!
He surely had - otherwise - we wouldn �t  be living what we are!!!!Wink

To all the people here who have a good sense of humour - to all of you who think we should be ... better, to all who think it �s OUR fault, & not others � , ........
Take a good care of yourselves,
Sylvie. 

12 Jan 2011     

MoodyMoody
United States

The humor in this is directed towards the disciples/apostles, not at Jesus himself. The disciples have all these excuses for not remembering the words or the message Jesus is trying to get across. The similarity is to many students, but maybe a bit to some of us (ME!!!) as well. The part about the priest in the temple is directed towards administrators. As a devout agnostic, I don �t think this would be offensive to most Christians.

12 Jan 2011     

clarinha
Portugal

ha ha ha

you made my day!!! Thank you for making meLOL laugh. Keep on with the good mood.

12 Jan 2011     

swissprof
Switzerland

Sorry but personnaly I don �t like this kind of jokes , they can hurt some people Cry

12 Jan 2011     

doroteia
Brazil

Dear folks, I am sure the author did not mean to hurt of offend any people �s feelings. It is just an anology to what we, as teachers, have to go through every day of our professional lives.

It is funny and intelligent to compare our daily lives and try to make our burden lighter and funnier...

12 Jan 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Sylvie!!! you will always be misunderstood! ( even by me sometimes!!Wink)
I honestly think you are a great girl but some people take things too literally on this forum!
Be assured of my understanding and friendship.

I understand your post better now!

quoting you:"I �ve just logged in - the forum is .........so . gloomy!!! Some will say it is quiet! LOL
But so boring! Jesus! So boring!"

You have always liked to make fire of every wood,, haven�t you!? It can be risky at times!

12 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >