Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am confused...    

I am confused...

Pinky Makus
Canada

I am confused...

I don�t understand why so many people downloaded this worksheet.  All the images are not free.  It is obvious if you look at the preview.  But over 50 people downloaded it and many people left positive comments for it.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=145267#thetop

I was going to download it myself until I saw the preview page.  I am disapointed.

10 Dec 2008      

gloriawpai
Brazil

Pinky Makus,

I agree with you. You�re definitely right! Have a nice day!

10 Dec 2008     

mamamima
Zimbabwe

hi Pinkus! i�m afraid i can�t tell the difference from the preview. how�s that possible? how do you mean the images are not free? thanks in advance

10 Dec 2008     

yellow bee
Portugal

what do you want to say when you say that the images are not free?????

I don�t understand.....

10 Dec 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Pinky
you are a hundred % right. Sometimes some people manage to go " in the betweens" and nobody says a word. You are correct, everyone can see the watermark.

10 Dec 2008     

mamamima
Zimbabwe

hi olindalima! i�m sorry to sound naive but I still don�t get it... it�s not that i downloaded it; i simply want to learn and avoid future mistakes ... thanks  again :)

10 Dec 2008     

Apryll12
Hungary

Hello Everybody!

I can see day by day that members report on images being not free, scanned or copied from books. I would really like to know what the rules are regarding the use of images. It�s obvious that images from free websites are ok to use, but if you take a deep look into all the worksheets, you can see that at least hundreds of them use scanned pictures from books. I could read some days ago that there was a kind of agreement here as everybody said if you state the source of the pictures/images or even texts or exercises, it is ok to �publish� them here. So what do you think?

Regards,

Krisztina

10 Dec 2008     

cgato
Portugal

As someone said before: a never ending mess!!!I can�t draw so I use many sources: books, net, etc. Then I rearrange the pictures according to my needs. The final product is mine, but the images are taken from different places. If we wanted to be completely fair and honest, most of the ws with pictures wouldn�t be allowed here. As a teacher I received many books from publishers where it is stated that they can be photocopied for classroom use. So, I think that if I make a WS with those images and then share them with you, I�m not doing anything wrong...or am I??Confused

10 Dec 2008     

Apryll12
Hungary

To cgato: I don�t think that you are doing something wrong. But it always happens here that we accept particular worksheets and more than 100 people download them and another day we say it was all wrong. I can�t understand why it is good to point to certain worksheets and say: �Ooohh, look at that, the images are not free!!!� while we clap for others with clearly similarly copied pictures? Wouldn�t it be more fair if everyone put a note at the bottom or end of the ws with the sourse of the images? 

10 Dec 2008     

Akanah
Spain

Ummmm, take a look at http://www.fotosearch.com/ . If you chose a royalty free picture and you enlarge it, you always get the watermark, but they are free pics, so... I�ve recognized houndreds of pics from that web.

These pics our mate has used are from http://www.clipartof.com/, or so I think... pics from that web are royalty free too, but you can�t get rid of the watermark.

Have a nice day :)

10 Dec 2008     

Akanah
Spain

ups!

I�ve just realized that you have to pay to use those pics... How can they be royalty-free pics if you have to pay for them? Stern Smile

The same happens with http://www.fotosearch.com/ , I�ve seen houndreds of pics from that web and that�s never been a problem.

10 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >