Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Handy storage    

Handy storage

ivush
Czech Republic

Handy storage

Hello guys, I was thinking about a handy box for storing the vocabulary cards and flashcards etc. Do you have any idea? I must tell, I teach EN in various classrooms so it is imposible to have a fixed storage. What do you suggest: I am sending a way how I store my vocabulary cards for individual grades. I always know where the target vocabulary are and it saves time. Material: wooden tea bag box.

19 Jul 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I store mine by topics in files. I don �t have small size speaking cards yet and my other flashcards wouldn �t fit in such slots. I know what you mean about not having a storage place:)
Last year I was blessed with a classroom, though it �s not technically mine, as there �s a class teacher who is responsible for it, but she �s also a teacher of English and our classroom actually has two rooms a smaller one, which she prefers to use, and a bigger one, used by me. So I was granted access to a bookcase, where I now store my materials:)
I always admire your enthusiasm and creative ideas!
Sophia

19 Jul 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Ivush

I �ve been saving all your photos and I �ll be using those funny wooden spoons next year,for sure ( well, if I manage to recover my left shoulder on time, it �s hard work to have only one hand to work Cry ).
Your tea box is cool, but isn �t it a little heavy? I have always so many things to carry, from room to room, that one of my problems is to get light stuff.
I usually laminate my cards, so I collect the card boxes from the plastic sleeves to store the cards or flashcards - they are the exact size.
Thanks for all your wonderful ideas.
Linda

19 Jul 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Ivush, you should start a blog for all your creative ideas - congrats on this wonderful enthusiasm...

19 Jul 2011     

Tere-arg
Argentina

What about balsa wood?
It is light, easy to use and you can make it the size that suits you best.

19 Jul 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Tere

What is a balsa wood? Never heard about and the dictionary didn �t give much help. Is it similar to cork?

19 Jul 2011     

Zora
Canada

Balsa wood is a very lightweight, light coloured wood. They use it to make model airplanes and other crafts. It �s very easy to cut and shape. 

19 Jul 2011     

Tere-arg
Argentina

It is  a thin soft wood used by architects to make their models.

It comes in different sizes:

It is the material used for modeling

19 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello everyone.. Balsa wood would probably be too soft and light to make a proper box to store anything in.

19 Jul 2011     

ivush
Czech Republic

Hello :) No, this box is not very heavy but since I have also so many thing to carry, I am thinking about buying a basket for them so it will be easy to move from one classroom to another. Being a teacher is so hard :)

19 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Boxes that wine comes in would probably be good for storage and you can probably get them for free at the ____ (we call them liqour stores or package stores where I live).  What do you call the place where one buys liquor, beer or wine?

19 Jul 2011     

1    2    3    Next >