Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...    

TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...

evelinamaria
Portugal

TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...

TAKE A  LOOK ...

19 May 2012      

frenchfrog
France

Did you know that I uploaded something on my blog yesterday?
Did you know that I uploaded something this morning?
Did you know that I intend to upload something tomorrow?

Do we have to know all the things we do on our personal blogs / sites?

Vanda does not advertise her site on a regular basis.
Nor does Alenka.
Nor does Sandra (Kita19).
And I could continue the list.

Remember the discussion about the advertising of one �s worksheets: "What if everybody did that?"? What about applying it to personal blogs and sites?

This constant advertising of personal blogs or sites is not very far from spam.

One last thing: please, give primary sources!! Most of the time, we are redirected to personal blogs and nothing has been done with the interesting documents / videos / etc. that have been found elsewhere on the net!

I �m sorry if I am too direct. I know that some of you will agree with me (I hope!) and others won �t.

I wish you all a nice weekend!

19 May 2012     

evelinamaria
Portugal

It is clearly you don �t want to know about others personal blogs / sites, but this message is only for those who might feel interested...

You shared your opinion and we are greatful for that... so we thank you for your comment.

Have a nice weekend.

19 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think this is a difficult one. I noticed that on iSLCollective, a similar site to this, they are asking for contributions from members. We aren �t asked here, but there must be running costs.

I think that knowledge is a good thing; sharing good websites with each other is great. So it �s nice to know about this evalinamaria site, and it HAS been advertised on here before, by the way. However, theirs is not a free site, you have to pay. Therefore, in my opinion, they should be charged to place the advert. Insofar as I know, there �s no mechanism for that on here, so they should  make a donation. Maybe they do. Victor �s opinion on this issue is of course, paramount, he must decide where this goes, but that �s my twopenn �orth.

19 May 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Well, both evelinamaria and xani are great contributors at eslprintables.They are trying to do something different by selling some of their worksheets.I am not against  them letting us know. We are not obliged to buy anything. On the other hand we might find something worth purchasing.

PS:You both look wonderful in the photo.

19 May 2012     

frenchfrog
France

Evelinamaria, you are wrong: I do like discovering new sites and blogs. I just don �t like it when the links are repeatedly given to the detriment of other posts (like requests)! Wink
As I said, Vanda does not constantly advertise her site and it is a really good one, just like yours!
Good luck with your website! I know it is a wonderful adventure!
It is interesting to read the different opinions. Wink

19 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It �s been discussed before and if you �re curious to know Victor �s opinion, you can read it here

Sophia

19 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Sophia. He is a most generous and magnanimous man.

19 May 2012     

frenchfrog
France

But don �t you think this trend (i.e. constanly advertising one �s personal blog / site) is developing?

19 May 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

I see it as a different way of sharing, which is what we have always done here.

19 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You know, it doesn �t bother me that much as I don �t have a blog and don �t sell ws so I don �t feel it being unfair to meWink
There are always new members here, who probably don �t have enough points to download lots of quality stuff which Evelina Maria and Xani offer here on the site for free download, but who can probably be interested and can afford to pay a reasonable price for a whole pack of stuff which is available on their website. I guess that �s their target group. So if the webmaster doesn �t mind why would I?
BTW over the past five months it �s only been mentioned 8 times on the forum, so I don �t really think it �s really spamming. Some members here seem to be very appreciative.

Sophia

19 May 2012     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >