Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Identity theft    

Identity theft

edrodmedina
United States

Identity theft

It has been a while since I have posted anything of consequence here but now I see I am oblige to comment. There has been a rash of identity theft here on eslprintables and I feel that I have found ta simple solution. We should not be allowed to use an avatar that is not of ourselves. This way we know who is posting and who we can direct our anger at when we disagree with a posting. This is why I have used a current avatar of myself (although it is a tiny bit dated since I do not sport a tan as I do in the picture). All can be assured that the likeness of the avatar is 100% me. If all could be as honest as I, we could all get along better. Ed 

28 May 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

With a face like that, no wonder you paraded as idthemagicman. He sure is handsomer than you.

28 May 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

Hey, hey...I resemble that remark!!

28 May 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Dear Ed,

I liked your previous photo.....Why have you changed? Now you look reddish or somehting ...LOLTongue

@ edit: In case some one asks my avatar was taken from the web, during the football cup in Portugal in 2004. So I assume it belongs to all Portuguese.

28 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hey, sorry, you look OK, as long as you don �t ask us to tickle you.Wink

28 May 2012     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Dear Lynne,
in your first comment you used the comparative form "handsomer than...". Is it normal to use "handsomer" rather than "more handsome"? Confused
Dear Ed, sorry about using your thread for the question - I�m a bit confused.

28 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi there, ohermann, are you fishing for compliments??? Wink

I �ll try to be serious - once we get to three syllables, we have to use �more �. Handsomer and more handsome are both fine. 

A lot of people are starting to use both - he is more handsomer - etc and that really drives me crazy! It�s horrible! 

28 May 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Lynne and Dear Ascincoquinas,

In my opinion, Ed is the handsomest man I have ever seen.  (If he was wearing spectacles he would look handsome and distinguished).

(Speaking of spectacles, I must remember to get my eyes tested!)

Les 

28 May 2012     

yanogator
United States

But I look best in an accordion!

Bruce

28 May 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Dear Les,

Thanks for your excellent explanation....lol

By the way I do not upload my photo because I am short sighted.... And a girl doens �t like wearing those cause they damage one �s lookEmbarrassed

Dear Bruce,

Don �t change your avatar! You look great with your accordion! Unfortunately ESLPRINTABLES does not have the necessary software (or is it hardware.....never mind) to listen to you....LOL

28 May 2012     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Dear Lynne,
I wasn�t fishing for compliments. I was serious about the question.
BTW, a year ago my avatar was different. You wanna see it? Here we go, now I�m fishing for your compliments.

Oto

28 May 2012     

1    2    Next >