Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Fantastic atmosphere !    

Fantastic atmosphere !

renko6
Poland

Fantastic atmosphere !

Hi,

Yesterday I was at the stadium in Gdańsk (Poland) to watch the match between Spain and Italy (EURO 2012). I supported Spain but represented my own country, Poland as you see on my face and on other parts of my body Smile I met there many fantastic Spanish people and I had a great time with them, so I wanted to show you just only one photo. I �m in the middle.

Have a nice day !

Renia Wink

11 Jun 2012      

Mariethe House
France

Wow! Amazing! Thank you for the photo, Rznia!Thumbs Up
BTW, Are they ESL members?Wink

11 Jun 2012     

renko6
Poland

Now Mariethe, they aren �t  Big smileWink

11 Jun 2012     

kerby2236
Costa Rica

Is this Facebook??

11 Jun 2012     

melahel7
Canada

Zenlee we always appreciate stories where linguistic boundaries are broken allowing us to fully experience cultural fraternity.  Great pic!  Thanks for sharing!

11 Jun 2012     

spinney
United Kingdom

Great piccy! When it comes to sport the Spanish are a credit to Europe!

11 Jun 2012     

zenlee
Korea, South

Let �s talk about English here...

"I met there many fantastic Spanish people and I had a great time with them..."

I think the following correction might be helpful.

I met many fantastic Spanish people there and I had a great time with them...

11 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Dear Renia, I wish my Polish was just as good as your English!!Big smile
Btw, Zenlee, how good is your Polish?
COrrecting people �s English on the forum is just not done! Send a pm next time! The way you do it is quite shocking to me !Unhappy

12 Jun 2012     

zenlee
Korea, South

Mariethe, please can you refer me to the website rule that states that correcting ungrammatical English sentences is prohibited on this website.  If this was a Polish teaching website you might have a point about my Polish, which I admit, is non-existent. 

Also, please can you refer me to the website rule that states we should be encouraged to post personal facebook-like news on the public forums. 

Perhaps Renia should have PM-ed you and her friends about her amazing football experience instead of posting it in a public venue where 723340+ other people (who might not be interested) are forced to read about it. 

What if all 723340 people used this site to post "what I did last weekend pictures" on the public forums. Nobody would be able to USE the forums effectively if that were the case. Please think about it. 

Doing that is not the proper use for this forum, in my humble opinion. Use Facebook or some other social networking site if that is what you are interested in. That is what they are for. Or PM your friends, as you suggest. By the way, why didn�t you PM me and follow your own suggestion?

This site is for ESL didactic related issues right? Please, correct me if I�m wrong. There is no shame in that. 

12 Jun 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

@Zenlee

This site is for ESL didactic related issues right?

Are you happy with this? Ever hear of Hartman�s Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation?

(see here - oh, and I �ll be more than happy to be corrected, if you really think it�s worthwhile)

12 Jun 2012     

Mr Jazz
France

Way to go, Almaz!!! Chill out, Zenlee, who do you think you are?!

12 Jun 2012     

1    2    3    Next >