Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > William and Kate īs baby    

William and Kate īs baby

Jayho
Australia

Peter, don īt forget the French - several French explorers also set foot here, some before and some after Captain Cookie.

Actually Lynne, Botany Bay is not such a nice place in regards to indigenous history - the plaque there, a replica of  a diary entry, says it all.

I have no comment about the Royal family.

22 Jul 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Haha, you guys are native speakers, you don īt know the curriculum of my country or Italy; you need to teach about the Royal family, otherwise your students won īt pass some exams. 

The extended-English classes (with more English lessons than the rest of the school) must show knowledge of the British culture on their exams, every year the exam committee chooses a different field, you never know what they can choose,  so you need to prepare them to be able to talk on the Royal events as well.

Once my student passed the exam thanks to the Go Fish game with the Royal Family I had played with them before the exam, thanks to it he remembered the Royal Family names and family connections. When you give private lessons you can teach what and how you want, when you follow the state curriculum you pick up every occasion to teach your students the things the curriculum demands from you.  

22 Jul 2013     

Jayho
Australia

If it īs in your curriculum then you must teach it.

As an aside, the Royal Family certainly doesn īt get much of a look in down here, and most people I know arenīt the least bit interested in the Royal baby or Royalty. Yes itīs in the news, but quite frankly, often the sports headlines gets more of a mention than anything royal (and at the moment itīs the cricket, the Ashes). Unless a royal is visiting, there is little hype.

Well done on what you do Alex - the Go Fish game is a great idea.

22 Jul 2013     

Mariethe House
France

Aboriginal kids! I would for sure be more interested in  what is happening to them these days than the royal baby to be born. i am serious actually! can you tell us about your aboriginal kids Peter, Jayho and any of you out there down under!Smile . This is part of the curriculum in French schools tooSmile

22 Jul 2013     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Peter Hardy ,  Clap

22 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Fair enough; people don īt want all this hullabaloo about the royal baby, but I also think Vanda īs cartoon is making a fair point: just that - what a lot of fuss around one woman and her baby! And it can be used for teaching. My own comments on here were all tongue in cheek. I īm sorry if anyone was offended by my comment about Botany Bay. I feel a worksheet coming on...........
Edit: Itīs been postponed. My neighbour has got a spare ticket to go and see a comedian, so Iīm off out. 

22 Jul 2013     

spinney
United Kingdom

Don īt get me started on royal babies! I see Pete īs point but I don īt think that was the idea of the cartoon. Having said that, thank god I live in Spain ... what am I saying? The media here is almost as bad. Every newspaper, website, news channel ... I could talk about cuts to the education service, health ... woo there! No politics!

22 Jul 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Interesting that more native speakers here (so far) seem to be less interested in the royal sprog than non-natives.

22 Jul 2013     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Ok, ELSPRINTABLE members do call me old fashion but I would like to say that I love Mourisca post... For many reasons really, because I am a supporter of monarchy, and then because in the Portuguese syllabus we do have to mention the topic of monarchy. So Congratulations to all British people - specially the young couple Kate and William. From Portugal: ASCINCOQUINAS

22 Jul 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Okay, it īs a boy. Nice for the parents, but of no significance to us. And yes, the cartoon can be used, but there are better resources to teach English. (Just check this site :-) And the aboriginal kids are as disadvantaged as ever, Mariethe. I īll think about a PPT or WS. Cheers.

22 Jul 2013     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >