Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teachers….. Please consider……..    

Teachers….. Please consider……..

pinkblossom
Germany

Teachers….. Please consider……..

Dear friends,

I’m very busy teacher that sometimes I visit my favorite site, and sometimes post my answers according to my knowledge.,,,Just like you.. but someone who I can’t mention his name,( it’s better not to do it) threatened me to change or remove my post, otherwise he decided to embarrass me publicly!!!!!!

I don’t know why…….I think, this is a forum that teachers from all around world tell their ideas based on their studies, knowledge and experiences, sometimes correct  each other, sometime ask for help..etc.,

I’m really sad to have this private message.,, I cannot understand it….DisapproveConfused

I think,.. one of important features of a teacher is to be affable… not only with his/her students, but . …..when he/she talks or expresses  his/her ideas even  on the net……Handshake

11 May 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

In the forum rules it ´s clearly stated, "Don ´t use the forum for personal attacks. Those kind of posts will be removed by the administrator" so, unless you have been contacted by the webmaster or one of the admins who have pointed out that you ´ve broken one of the rules, you shouldn ´t worry and if the threats persit, you can block this user by clicking "ignore users" in your private messenger.

11 May 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I ´m with ueslteacher on this. If you ´ve done nothing wrong, why should you change or remove your post? Some people may disagree with you but to threaten someone is unacceptable. You should copy the message that was written to you and send it to the administrator if you feel it ´s uncalled for.

11 May 2014     

libertybelle
United States

If you feel threatened by this member - you should report him to Victor.
There is enough mobbing and bullying going on in schools and in the world in general.
It is our jobs to fight this behavior - especially here.

11 May 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

As others say. Report this member and block him using the "Ignore Users" facility in your "private messenger". Libertybelle is right to say we need to fight this kind of behavior, but no need to do it alone.

11 May 2014     

douglas
United States

No need to report me. 

I simply sent a message telling her she had made a mistake on  the forum  and I was sending a PM so as not to embarrass her by correcting the mistake publicly--she apparently misconstrued it completely.

Their are always two sides to a story--kind of disappointed with the quick/harsh judgements I  have seen here.

Try to do a good deed and this is what you get on a Monday morning.

Does this really sound like a threat:

"I started to post this on the forum and decided to send you a PM instead to give you a chance to possibly remove or change your post if you like (i didn ´t want to embarass you publicly)."

( this is what I´m getting insulted for). 

Sorry I guess this doesn´t really belong on the forum, but I am really disappointed in the judgemental feel of this entire thread and don´t want the forum to move in this way--we´ve spent a lot of time and effort making the ESLP forum what it is, I would hate to see it go down this road.

Douglas

12 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

I agree with Douglas.
The forum is not the place to publicly denounce somebody.
Especially not Douglas who is a most helpful and appreciated member.
I am sure that what he wrote was in the spirit of eslprintables and was perfectly misunderstood.

12 May 2014     

Mariethe House
France

Douglas: We have known your elegance for ... how many years now? Smile and we know that you can ´t possibly be rude to anyone! I am sorry this happened to you.
I would refer you to Eric berne ´s Games people play for more information.
http://www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/

You have all my consideration, dear friend.Hug

12 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

Mariethe, thanks for the link. I find the book very interesting. Just downloaded it on my reader. Smile

12 May 2014     

pinkblossom
Germany

You claim that you are a native speaker but you don’t know which words to use, if you really mean to help me to know the correct grammar, why you didn’t write the correct grammatical sentence in the PM for me,. You played hard to get it. In return, you give me a chance (oh, my God, someone give me a chance) to remove or change my ideas, because you didn’t want to embarrass me publicly (why you used these words). I’m sure you know about non-native speakers, because you live here.

It’s better to end this useless discussion and back to our work, Sorry if I misunderstood you and didn’t get your help.

To that Person’s Friends,

I never intended to denounce anyone here, and never mentioned any name or any report.  This is that person to do it.

Thanks to those who reported my work that I posted 2or more years ago as breaking rule suddenly at this time. Funny things always happened.

12 May 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

Douglas we are not judging you, we are just taking pinkblossom at her word and reacting accordingly. Every regular member, including Victor, knows what a great guy you are.

12 May 2014     

1    2    Next >