Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Ivona    

For Ivona

Zora
Canada

For Ivona

Come on people! Let �s help Ivona out! Where are ALL the wonderfully creative teachers hiding today?

Hmmm....Me thinks that everybody is hiding under the same rock, hoping not to be found! *Looks at a HUGE moaning rock suspiciously* Evil Smile  ... hmm...I think I found our ESL TEACHERS... Tongue  

NOW here �s her idea:

Let �s make a "Best friends" quiz for Valentine �s

I want to write 10 multiple answer Qs for my SS. It should be a fun quiz in which they will be standing back to back with A, B and C cards which they will hold up to give their answers. If they match, they get a point. The two friends that have most matches are pronounced The Best of Best Friends.
The Qs should be divided into two halves. The first half is about Friend A, while the second half is about Friend B.
Come on! Help out! I need sth like:

1 Your friend (B) buys you (A) a present you don �t like. You say:
   a) "It �s absolutely gorgeous!"
   b) "Awww, it �s very nice. But next time take me with you. I love shopping!"
   c) "What on earth do i do with this?"

Now so far... we have:

2. You get an unexpected "Valentine" from somebody you dislike...

a) you just smile and thank that person politely for the card.
b) you act really happy and surprised... pretending that you love it...
c) you ask that person "why they are giving you a Valentine?"

) When you arrive to school / work, you find a bunch of flowers on your locker / desk.
What will you do?

a) will hide the flowers quickly, so noone sees it
b) will watch your mates carefully and try to guess who had given them to you...
c) will give the flowers to your teacher / boss

You have been interested in a person from a long time, on Valentines Day, do you?

a) send him/her a card/gift anonymously
b) send him/her a card/gift with your name on it
c) not send anything...

More ideas people???

13 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Oh gosh...........
I usually have a million ideas, but I just got home from doing our musical at school and I �m totally brain dead at the moment.
Can this come up again tomorrow?

L

13 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

You get a phone call but nobody answers. Instead you listen to a romantic melody.

a) you just listen and enjoy it
b) you cry to the person who is calling you and say awful things
c) you inmediately hung up

13 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hey Zora, you �re fab! Just when i gave up any help would come out from under the rock Wink ...
I already have some Qs, though they are not really connected to V.Day. Just Qs about how well the Friends know each other. One of them is:

Which cartoon character best portrays your best friend?
a) Bart Simpson
b) Dexter (from Dexter �s lab)
c) Goofy

When your best friend doesn �t bring homework to school, you:
a) write it for him/her
b) give him/her to copy yours
c) tell him/her to come to you after school to help him/her do it for next class

Btw, i will definitely put Zora´s Q N4, about the V.cards and all ...

13 Feb 2009     

mena22
Portugal

How about...?

5. A girl/guy that you have a crush on has invited you to eat out on Valentine �s day, but now he �s just told you that some of his friends are going too.

a) You bite your tongue and say, "How nice! That �ll be fun!"
b) You show your disappointment  by saying he/she shouldn �t have invited other friends without talking to you first.
c) You tell the person "Oh yeah? I �m glad you �ve found company because I �ve got other plans for tonight. Bye!" 

13 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Great Ivona. Please promise to share the complete set of questions!!!!

Who would you invite for a Valentine date:

girls:                   boys:
Brad Pit               Angelina Jolie
etc...                    etc.....

If you log in on a chat room and you see your former boyfriend/girlfriend on, you,
a) say hello to him/her
b) just ignore him/her
c) log out

13 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

You and your friend are both really hungry but there is only one piece of cake. It is the most delicious looking piece of cake you have ever seen. Do you

a) say `Let`s share it!`

b) say `I`m not hungry. You have the cake!`

c) take the piece of cake very quickly and run away with it

13 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Zora, Damielle, Libertybelle, Mena, thank you so much. I really appreciate your efforts to help me out.... (Grrr, i hate to say the �but �!) ... But Smile, it �s my mistake i didn �t precisely say what kind of Qs i needed.
Several pairs of friends will be standing back to back to one another, and their answers should match respectively. I think what you think I think is that i have all the SS answering at the same time and me finding the most ... ummm ... �matching � SS to pronounce them best friends. They would then be Best Match ... The idea is to test the best friends and see how good friends they actually are, how well they know each other.
Ahhh, i guess we �re all tired. I �ve just finished recording the midi files for karaoke. We �re going to do the activities tomorrow (school not open on Sats). We �re all going to be dressed in RED.
It �s the first time we are going to do sth like that (Valentine �s not our holiday, and some teachers kinda frown upon it saying it �s Catholic, and we �re Orthodox, but i tell them fun is what matters, not where it comes from.)

13 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Aaaaahhhh!!!!! You were all faster than me!!!
Zora, you are great at playing hide-and-seek!
Bravo! Clap

Damielle, i LOVE the one about V. date! Great!
Freddie, yours is delicious, BUT do you think they would admit they would run away with it?? Wink

13 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

I try... *hides again* Tongue

13 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I �d take the cake and make a dash for the door!
(oops, I �m sorry, I didn �t mean it, honest I didn �t!!!) Embarrassed

How about:

Your boyfriend stands under your window singing you a serenade and he has the most horrible voice and sings off key.  Do You:

a) throw him a rose and smile?

b)Break up with him?

c) throw an old shoe at him?

13 Feb 2009     

1    2    3    Next >