Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Speaking Activities 2 contribution reported    

Speaking Activities 2 contribution reported

georginasantanna
Portugal

Speaking Activities 2 contribution reported

Hi all!

My Speaking Activities 2 powerpoint has been reported and I have no idea why.
I used a template from this site and mentioned it in the description. The exercises were original, although adapted from a book.
I would like to know what is wrong with it so | can change it.
Could a moderator please tell me what the problem is. I wonder if the clipart is copyrighted.

I am seriously thinking of leaving this site.
I totally understood the fact that some members didn �t like the fact that I used their layouts but this is not the case.
I just don �t understand why this powerpoint was reported and I would like to be able to understand.

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016      

elderberrywine
Germany

Somebody reported it for not being an English Language Teaching resource.
Which is wrong, of course. 
I don �t know whether you used one of the free templates on this site  or asked MJ Misa whether you could use her template.
Anyway, I voted for the worksheet to stay and added a comment that might lead other moderators to not deleting it automatically. 

15 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi elderberrywine,

Thank you so much for letting me know the reason why it was reported.
The template can be found on the templates page on this site and that �s where I took it from.
I feel a lot better now because I know it is an English Language Teaching Resource.

Thank you yet again.

Have a nice day!

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

elderberrywine
Germany

B.t.w, you uploaded your worksheet on the powerpoint section. It should be uploaded under "worksheets"

Do that and state that the template is from the free templates section. Then you should be ok!

15 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi elderberrywine!

It is indeed a powerpoint and I stated that I had taken the template from the template section as it is there for free.
I had uploaded a similar powerpoint about three days ago and nothing happened, that �s why I was so surprised to see it reported.

Thanks!

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Hi Georgina

There is only one page in your ppt �Speaking activities� and there is/was one page in your ppt �Speaking activities 2�. What is the purpose to split them into two ppts? Are you going to make separate pages of �Speaking activities -3,4,5,6,7� and so on?

Long time ago Victor asked members to save the web server space and NOT divide worksheets and power points into parts if they don�t exceed the size limit. Isn�t this unwritten rule still true? I�d love to hear his or any of old member �s thoughts about this... 

The other thing I have noticed is about mentioning the names of the generous members who share templates in the description (when we use their templates). I think we should mention their nicks (not their names or sth like nicks) in order everybody could find their template if they want. If sb is not an experienced member of the site, it is impossible for him/her to find templates (or layouts?) by MJ Misa, mada, Monique, Sylvie...

kohai 

15 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi kohai,

I understand your doubts.
I hadn �t thought about the fact of splitting the powerpoints into two, indeed I could have made only one powerpoint with 4 speaking activities but that didn �t cross my mind.
As for the powerpoint template, it can be found in the templates section and since the author is MJ Misa I thought it was my duty to state where the template had come from and who had done it.
I just went to the templates section and it was there.

I am truly considering leaving this site as I find strong opposition to my being here and this is making me extremely uncomfortable.
The reason why my powerpoint was reported was, according to elderberrywine, the fact that it was not an ESL teaching resource and this is not true.

Maybe it is better for me to leave eslprintables for good as it is becoming quite tiring to face some accusations.

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

Adding to Kohai �s comment, the only good reason to split a power point presentation is when the file is bigger than the 3mb file size limitation. A 1-slide powerpoint doesn �t really make much sense in my opinion. 
Regarding your other complaints, I suggested it before and do so again. 
Why don �t you proactively take the contributions, which you made using other �s layout without their permission, down, and re-submit them either using a layout from the template section or your own?

15 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi Manuela,

I totally understand what you say.
As for the layouts I used for my contributions, I haven �t repeated the mistake again and will not do so.
If necessary, I will make a new powerpoint with the two slides, which I didn �t take without permission as they are in the template section.
It is easy to find that template when you write templates on the search engine and hit search.
If that is the problem, I would like someone to tell me what to do since as far as I know it was reported for not being an ESL resource.

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

karagozian
France

Adding to Manuhk �s comments, my templates are not yet in the free template section. Thank you to respect the rules which are the same for all. You have an awful lot of contributions that do not respect all the rules when they are not a plain copy.

15 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

I will see what happens tomorrow.
Right now, I am thinking about deleting all my contributions from the site where I can see that I am not welcome.

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

1    2    Next >