Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > reported again?    

reported again?

mr.dgdln
Turkey

reported again?

my latest worksheet has been reported again. this really lets me down . I spent time and effort for creating it by using all my imagination and creativity. but some people , I guess, are jealous of the better works than theirs or really have respect problems.

11 Jun 2009      

ichacantero
Honduras

I agree with you... I think in some cases people are just reporting out of boredom... I �ll write something about it...

11 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

"it does not seem original" is the reason for reporting. Wow... No wonder it was not signed.

This is such a lame reason for reporting a printable.

11 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Not only lame... irresponsible...

11 Jun 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

could you believe that I was accused of reporting my own ws to advertize it ? oh Gosh!!!

11 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Shameful indeed... I repeat that only if you have evidence of something, you can accuse... I don �t think you should be accused of posting un-original material or of reporting it for your benefit...

You shouldn �t pay attention to that, it �s a dumb accusation...

11 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

That is one more reason to automatically have our names included in the comment boxes.

11 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi,

I thoroughly agree with manonski that our names should automatically be generated when we report or comment on a worksheet, this should force moderators to do their homework before confirming what a previous moderator has said.  There will be a downside to this in that some members will be reluctant to report for fear of backlash, but if we are all civil in this endeavour and accept that mistakes are part of the process, then I believe that the showing of names will improve the system.  I also know that such a system will allow more members to earn "miserable" points, but I �d rather this than the present system.

At the moment the whole system is open to abuse with moderators able to speak with impunity. It �s even possible for me to leave an abusive comment and then sign in the name of another person.

I hope this topic will be discussed seriously by other members and consdered by Victor.

Sincerely,
David Lisgo

12 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

I agree Thumbs Up

12 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Mr. dgdnl Why don �t you write this comment in the reporting section??

In this way, all the moderators could see your point of view because some may miss it if it is only in the forum

12 Jun 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I �m very surprised to hear that "not original" is a reason for deleting a worksheet. There is so much stuff on ESL that is miles from being original or that is downright dumb and involves next to no effort (things anyone could whisk up in thirty seconds) that I find this hard to believe.

I �m also surprised to learn that there are a lot of hard feelings due to deletion practice or moderation practice. They come up again and again on a daily basis. In my view the best remedy for hard feelings and complaint is transparency.

I have no insight into the moderators � section but wonder whether there is such a thing as a very precise catalogue or list of criteria of what must be deleted and whether "not original" is on the list. Then "boring" should be on the list, too, - and here things become absurd because what I consider boring might be of great interest for someone else.

Why not make users read, during upload, on the basis of which criteria worksheets will be removed - so that they can think twice before the final click.

It �s a pity that the atmosphere on such a great site that is so full of generosity and sharing and solidarity and fun and inspiration and creativity and communication and and and  should continually be disrupted because people are deeply frustrated about the same thing over and over again.

12 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >