Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Will Power!!!    

Will Power!!!

JulietaVL
Mexico

Tere:

What better ways?

I wish to know

28 Jun 2009     

mariliamartinsribeiro
Brazil

could u share with us other better ways? i �m really curious about it

28 Jun 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Do you train a person with no legs to walk on his/her head?

From turtles to horses,  there are ways to help them with no suffering or do you think this dog is not suffering? Its body is not for walking on two legs!
You try doing it on four and then tell me.

As I sent this as a simple opinion, different from what it was being said and NOT to cause a discussion, I think it is enough for me with this.

Just to add:
Nebal: take this as one opinion more. Nothing against the posting.
We are all different and we will  ALWAYS differ in soooooooo many ways!
That is healthy and enriching, while done with respect...

I hope you have enjoyed the weekend and have a VERY GOOD  week ahead!

28 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Tere do not take it in the wrong way, I wanted to know...

Of course his body is not to walk on two legs but I think that walking in two legs instead of not walking at all is better, in humans or animals depending on the case.

Anyway, you are right, we all have different opinions and I did find the pics touching.

Enjoy your day!!! Hug

28 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Sorry for the Caps, but.... COULDN �T DISAGREE MORE, Tere.
It �s not about different opinions here, it �s about being able to appreciate the true WILL POWER of nature, not a dog.

If you feel there is suffering in OVERCOMING DEFFICIENCY, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9wo9sVn2c

And I think we are all still curious as to the better ways to treat and love a dog that �s born with two legs......

Don �t ever feel pity for others, they sure haven �t asked you to feel that. Not even a dog.
You can train yourself or be trained to OVERCOME! It �s just a matter of believing in yourself.

If you think you can, you are absolutely right.
If you think you can not, you are absolutely right.

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND YOU ALL

28 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Wowww!! thanks

Tony Melendez rules!!!!

28 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �m glad you appreciated Julieta.

I do not believe anyone is supposed to feel pity for anyone (or any animal) who has overcome a problem. We should feel embarrassed if we can´t feel proud of others who live their lives despite physical defficiency. If you´re going to pity someone, pity the little people.

But I cannot help but wonder what ways are those Tere mentioned.
I hope she can share her thoughts as to ways of dealing with defficiency without suffering with us.

standing by!

kisses, guys!

28 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

A picture tells a thousand words. We all read it differently. Tere only stated her opinion, which she �s entitled to.

I thought the story was inspiring but I can understand her point of view too.

My best friends are the people who constantly question my views. I love it when they make me see a windows I had not thought of. You should hear the arguments. Sometimes we just agree to disagree. We don �t love one another any less.

28 Jun 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

CryClapbrunadutra and Nebal: your photos and videos are sooooooo moving!!!!Cry. I �ll remenber them when my right arm hurts, I �ll say what Tonny Menedez suggests "Iwant, I can, I will move foward" . Thanks girls

28 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Damielle. I almost forgot to tell you that I´m also glad you liked the video too. I always tell people, you´re feeling down, incapable of something? Type: Tony Melendez on youtube, then we talk! hehehehe

Manoski... Like I said before, I don �t think it �s a matter of agreeing or not with each other.
Tere stated that she thinks the pics weren �t moving because the animal suffered and she knew of better ways to care for a defficient animal.

What did happen was that some, myself included, got curious as to what ways are those?
I don �t think I read too much into it, I just REALLY would like to get to know of those ways, I have a dog that has been run over by car, lost the ability to move the back left leg, but with (I like to think) my help and the doctors, she (RE) LEARNED how to walk without hurting herself and being able to have a full life, depite the accident. I would like to know of different ways I could reacted, if I was the "owner" of a two-legged puppy that I chose to live with.

I do agree pics are worth "a thousand words" too, but I do value people �s opinion too. Everyone´s entitled their opinion. And most importantly, I respect people �s opinion, I just go as far as I can to understand their point of view as they explain it to me. I love being explained to!

standing by...

A great Monday to those who are about to begin the week!
Bruna

28 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >