Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > paid    

paid

georgya
Romania

paid

hi!I was wondering...How much do you get paid in your countries,as teachers?
I get  about 200 Euros monthly(6 years experience).. in Romania,at a  public school.....Have a nice day/evening!!!!!!

1 Jul 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

No matter how much we earn and I mean all over the world, it will never be enough. When we divide the salary we get by the amount of hours we invest, it �s clear we are paid very little.

But.... would I change career? Never.

The real salary is the hugs, the smiles, the thank yous, the "ah! now I get it"

1 Jul 2009     

caroladangelo
Argentina

Hi,
In argentina teachers who work from 8 to 12 get  about 400 U$$ a month.

1 Jul 2009     

georgya
Romania

yes,kids r our motivation...otherwise,I don �t know how we could manage!

1 Jul 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

In my country you couldn �t even rent a single room for a student for 200 euros, georgya. University students pay between 250 and 350 euros rent for a single room or a room in an apartment. PLUS electricity. My son who is a student (about 550 km away from where we live)  gets a monthly cheque of about 500 euros - AND I pay his health insurance on top of that plus his tickets for travelling home at Christmas and Easter and in the summer to make sure he comes to see us ;-)

So I �m not sure there is much point in comparing salaries as long as we don �t talk about the cost of living in our countries.

We pay 4 Euros for a pound of coffee, 8 euros for a kilo of meet (average), 2,20 euros  for a glass of coke or a cup of coffee in a restaurant and 0,55 euros for a stamp (letter, not abroad).
Books (not paperback) cost between 15 and 21 euros. Bus tickets from 1,80 upwards, from here to the nearest town (14 km) it �s 3,50 euros.

So I would starve or freeze to death or live in a park on your salary!

1 Jul 2009     

seni
Portugal

hi! In portugal it depends on what kind of classes your have and if you work in public or private schools. I only work in private schools. teaching kids we can earn 300 euros a month (14h/week) and teaching grown-ups you can earn between 300 and 800 euros a month. it depends on how much hours you have in that month. at the end you have to think about taxes too. bye

1 Jul 2009     

georgya
Romania

yes,edlerverein,you are right about the cost of living...,here,we have lower prices,indeed- a coffee at a restaurant is about 2-3 euros, a kilo of meat is about 4-5 euros,a room to rent in the capital city is 150 per month...so....well,what can I say...life is hard anyway,thinking that there are some guys or girls who have 4 thousand euro bags or watches

1 Jul 2009     

akhssass
Morocco

I thought Romania is a developed country. In Morocco teachers get more than 200 euros. For me I get 600 euros monthly although Morocco is an african country.

1 Jul 2009     

najetnada
Tunisia

In Tunisian public schools, we work 18 or 20 hours a week to be paid about 400 euros.It �s O.K if you live near the school and you have your own house. Thanks god I have a job and I have a salary to live with my family in good conditions.

1 Jul 2009     

georgya
Romania

yeah,me too,najetchaouachi
Tunisia ,we have  a similar situation,lucky us we have where to live!

1 Jul 2009     

natabut
Ukraine

Frankly, I don �t even want to tell you about my salary as I start feeling ashamed for my country. �But edlerverein is right. It all depends upon the prices in the country in general.

And as to the prices... I have an idea to share with you. You discussed the prices and salaries, and this topic seemed interesting and close to real life. �What about starting an international project for our students in which they will prepare reports with figures, pictures and stories about marketing and prices in their countries?

Thus we �ll have them recollecting or training the topic "Shopping", get them motivated by close-to-life tasks and, besides, we �ll be able to compare the level of life in different countries and make a kind of our own rating.

What would you say to that?

1 Jul 2009     

1    2    3    Next >