Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just got this :-)    

Just got this :-)

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Just got this :-)

I am Mr.Abiola Williams the present officer in charge
of operations Central Bank of Nigeria (C.B.N) I am
contacting you in view that we might be of immense
help to each other. I have within my reach the sum of
(120.000.000) U.S.D one hundred and twenty Million
Dollars of which I intend to make someone the beneficiary
of the funds.

This money in question belongs to a deceased foreign
contractor in Nigeria of which I know 100% well that
the money is hanging loose and unclaimed within the
Central Bank of Nigeria Territory. Due to my current
position as a present worker in the bank and also a
Civil servant I cannot lay claim on this money.

I wish to contact someon that you will indicate
interest as soon as you receive this message, so that I
will proceed and put your name as the rightful
beneficiary of the funds and move the money outside
Nigeria with your name. I intend to part you with 20%
of the total sum, for your assistance while 80% will
be my own cut of the deal. Every record concerning
this funds and all the legal contract documents
backing the funds are all in my possession.

Please my good friend I want you to limit this matter
personally to your self, whatever your decision might
be, all correspondence must be through this mail box.
or my private phone number 234-42-255873.This deal is
100% risk free I look forward to hearing from you
soonest.

thanking you in anticipation.

Kindest Regards
Mr.Abiola Williams C.B.N

Clap

15 Jul 2009      

Apodo
Australia

Aaah! If only it was true!
I �ve had lots of emails like this.

15 Jul 2009     

alien boy
Japan

now, if you gave us his email address we could spam him back!

15 Jul 2009     

douglas
United States

Could make a good grammar lesson

15 Jul 2009     

najetnada
Tunisia

I received such emails twice. I think they sing the same song but in different versions.
Be careful of those new dirty singers.Thumbs Down

15 Jul 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

I got a similar e mail 10 years ago. I really dont know how it works, and what they get from this, but for sure it�s not real.

15 Jul 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

lol

You are right douglas... It has been ages since I recieved one of these.... apparently hundreds of people fall for this stuff every year.... crazy....

15 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

I have had a sudden influx of emails like that including to different sites I am on.  The funniest/saddest one is an older friends name was on it, that he was sending it to me from his grave; a former professor.  There is one from the Ghana Chamber of Commerce saying we are sorry and found your name on their site and want to offer you an award for the trouble.  They misspelled chamber of Commerce and the guy �s name, but the usual ones are someone dieing and want to donate through someone as their dieing wish or in God �s name while supposely stealing from their bank.

15 Jul 2009     

natabut
Ukraine

As for me, I �ve been receiving messages like that quite often lately. The latest one sounded like that: �Greetings!
It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me, Please forgive this unusual manner to contact you, but this particular letter/email is of exceptional and very private nature,as by virtue of my vantage position in Hang Seng Bank Ltd -Hong Kong i have a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you.There is no way for me to know whether I will be properly understood, but it is my duty
to write and reach out to you,TRUSTING that you will give this proposal a positive consideration.
I am Mr.P. Lee a South Korean,55 years old and happily married with children, and i am a Director of Hang Seng Bank Ltd,in charge of the International Remittance department.I will need you to assist me in executing a business project from our bank worth US$25.5 Million.These funds were deposited with our bank by a customer of our bank who is a
national{citizen} of your country/region,who unfortunately died in the December 2004 Asia Tsunami disaster .
.... .... Mr.Pt. Lee
Hang Seng Bank Limited
Hong Kong.{Asia}
www.hangseng.com
Tel/Fax:-852-3017 6607
Email:[email protected] ////// [email protected]"

I just paid no attention to them...

15 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

That type of spam has been going on for years.
Please don �t answer it.
Just ignore it.
L

15 Jul 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I have a divorced friend at work, another teacher. She joined a dating site and began communicating with a real romantic. He then "suddenly" went to Africa, "lost" his wallet (or was it "stolen"? He then asked her to send him money for a week �s accomodation in a hotel. She was torn between concern over his feelings in case he was "the love of her life" and her instincts that something was not right.  She decided to check things... She rang Western Union and checked about flights. Naturally it was a scam but a more gulliable person would have been fleeced.
Moral of the story: be careful.
So does anyone know a "safe" partner for my  friend...especially someone from South America! (She loves these guys)

15 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >