Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Idea    

Idea

vividfranca
Brazil

Idea

people, i know how great this website is, however there are people who don�t have any computer ability and to start sharing contributions it  would be much better and fair if we get some starting points.
if you want you send your material, but if you don�t have any.....What do we do????
see you,
Vivi

3 Sep 2009      

Luvitall
Canada

how about...

MAKE THEM!!!!

3 Sep 2009     

arlissa
United States

I also think it would be nice to give new users a few "free" points. Maybe 5? This way they will be more easily attracted to the site. They can use their free points and then realize how great the site is and try to make their own materials after that!

Some of my older colleagues are totally not computer literate, but I believe this site could inspire them to try harder to learn computers...but first we must entice them to join! :) It �s pure business marketing. Offer something small for free = more paying customers in the long run. Anyone who studies business knows this is true. And while our site does not cost money, the same principle can apply. Offer a few free downloads = more uploads in the long run.

3 Sep 2009     

scubi
Japan

Well, I registered, put 1 sheet up, and got 9 points within a week. Couldn �t log on (somehow got a space in front of my username and couldn �t log in for weeks) to use them. Now I can and can post more. But if 1 worksheet got me 9 points, I don �t think free points are really nessesary.

As for worksheets, I have a ton on my computer and will post them now that I know how to log on properly. (I mean, if I can do it, I couldn �t even log myself in, anyone can do it. ha!) It just takes a little imagination and fortitude.

Pretty much anything is useful to someone.

3 Sep 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi everyone:
In my opinion if you give new users a few free points the result will be lots of multiple accounts.
I started three months ago with a worksheet that got only one point. Now I have more that 900 points and I �m not particularly gifted. Come on! It �s not that difficult!

3 Sep 2009     

Mariethe House
France

If you want some work sheets from the new and free ws, you can send me a private message and give me your mail address: I will send you the ones you like because I don �t use many of them!

Have a look at this too:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11467

3 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, there.

Sorry to be a little direct. But I can �t believe that today there is a teacher who cannot use a computer. Even if it is the case, I don �t think there could be someone who cannot manage to have a computer made WS for his/her SS especially in a developed country such as Brazil. We have members here from the poorest countries (almost no PCs in schools and extremely rare cyber-spaces) who are contributing their own WS. Another question is how can someone manage to connect to this site and claim that he/she cannot manage to make his/her own WS or have them made.
I for one have 3 colleagues. One of them is a complete analphabet in computing (s/he is faulty anyway for only in the school it �s been years we had PCs available for teachers and SS). However, when it comes to preparing WS, tests and exams for our common streams/grades classes, we make the draft together and then I or one of the others takes it on him/her to make it on computer and do the printing afterwards. And when this computer analphabet colleague has to prepare these for his own stream/grade classes (classes not of the same grade or stream with the others) he prepares his/her own draft then takes it either to one of the administration secretaries (who BTW are often very helpful though they aren �t obliged) or to a cyber-space to get them typed and copied on flashdisk against a tiny sum of money. The school has the charge of doing the printing.
That is to say even this analphabet colleague has at least 30 or more WS on his flashdisk in his pocket ready at anytime.

So, let �s be sincere and say it. It is not possible that a teacher today especially from a developed country doesn �t have or cannot have any WS made for his SS.

So, as many stated it here and in a previous thread, giving free WS to new members is not a good solution for the reasons I stated above and those mentioned in the other posts.

I agree about offering some tutorials (with their owners consent of course) to help them prepare their own WS.

The rules of this site are clear. They put in evidence. this site has never fooled any one. if people do not take the time to read these rules, it is their fault not that of the site.

Moreover, this site is not only about WS as far as help and sharing are concerned.

3 Sep 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I don �t think we should give free points.  I agree with goodnesses.  Everyone can make some kind of worksheet.  We all work hard for our students.  New members are welcome, and fresh ideas are great, but this one doesn �t cut it for me.

Nuke

Hugfrom Israel
Judy 

3 Sep 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

I �m not gifted, my WS aew usually not appealing for this community, (not toomany drawings, literature, etc) anyway, my first WS was downloaded even to give me the points, as a "welcome" gift.

No free points, you must work to get what you want

3 Sep 2009     

Miss Paulaey
Argentina

You have already made 4 worksheets and you started sending them on the 1st of September! Stop complaining! I think you need to be more patient. Wait and you �ll get more points so, you �ll be able to download more material from this great website.

A piece of advice: maybe you should give a more detailed description of what the worksheets are about. Not just song or general review. You should explain what kind of activity it is (listening and completing, sequencing, etc) or review of what. You could also add a personal comment such as "my sts loved it!" "hope you like it" or any nice idea that comes to your mind. Read other worksheets comments, watch your colleagues at school and ask for help... I �m sure you �ll soon be making wonderful worksheets.

Wink Good luck!

3 Sep 2009     

jennybohmes
Argentina

stellam I agree with you!Clap
Several thousad here managed to make their first ws and to get their first point...several thousand more can do it.
missveronica:Although you say your wss are usually not appealing for this community, your experience and ideas are geat!your ideas, your tips helped me for the rest of my life!!Embarrassed

3 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >