Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New Avatar    

New Avatar

Caroline565
Australia

I really can understand your worry Carla. That is a most horrible situation to be in. It �s so dangerous now to put children �s photos on the net. I was speaking to an Irish teacher recently and he told me that even at their school plays (in his school anyway) that the audience are not  allowed to take pictures of the children performing there. It � s the fear of the pictures going to the net that has made it "illegal" (by his school rules) for the pics to be taken. Maybe some Irish teacher can verify that for my own information...  I find it to be a bit incredible. But maybe it is correct. Take care.
Caroline Hug
PS.I do like the the dolphin. So you still have a nice avatar Carle despite your distress.Thumbs Up

9 Sep 2009     

serene
Greece

Dear Carla,
This is very sad! ESL printables members sending spooky or inappropriate messages! I think you did well to change your avatar, and I also think you should let Victor know about it.
I hope it will never happen again.
All the best to you and your family.
Take care.
serene

9 Sep 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Shame on these nasty people! Censored I was thinking of uploading some pictures of my baby and me, since it �s her birthday soon and I �ve never uploaded photos here... but now I�won �t. It �s sad that we can �t share images of those who make  our lives so happy: our children. I really hope you won �t get those messages again and that this person is banished from this wonderful site!
Hugs,Hug
Luj�n

9 Sep 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

You should report to Victor about this situation, I �m sure he will know what to do. I was always afraid of posting photos of my family, and i �ve begun to be more confident and posting some, but after reading this I �ll definitely delete all the pictures. There are some creepy people in all places.

9 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

This may happen to all of us. ıt is very ugly.The person who behaves can �t be a teacher.Carla , this changing is better for you and your daughter                                                   Loves.

9 Sep 2009     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Dear Carla
So sorry to hear about that!
However, I still haven �t seen your new avatar, it �s still the same on my screen right now.
Sometimes friends and family ask me why I keep the pic of my dog in the avatars... well, just trying to avoid this kind of situation! I �ve already considered changing mine but after all I �ll keep it. Just in case... A big hug, Carla!
To all nice fellow teachers too...

9 Sep 2009     

cely
Argentina

Hi dear teachers! 

Dear Carla: I �m so sorry! I totally agree with what you feel, I would feel the same.......... I think you have to report to Victor, he will do something surely.
As Cartuxa said, I don �t like to share my family photographs.......... 
A BIG HUG!!
Cely

9 Sep 2009     

maggiejeria
Chile

I �m horrible desagree with this situation, this is a detestable form of act and I think we must be agree to put a finish point to this kind of problematic person. We are good friends that want to have a peaceful time and a beautiful friedship.  Now I am afraid to post some pictures of me or my family, that�s sound terrific. Was a pity.
A brunch of hugs for all of you,
Maggie

9 Sep 2009     

Adel A
Egypt

Dear friend:
We are so sorry to read this bad news.We all have children .your daughter is also our daughter as a father and a teacher i say we are sorry but i assure you that most of the teachers here are so wondrful let those nasty people go to  Hell

9 Sep 2009     

Sue.
Egypt

Dear Carla,

I �m so sorry to hear about it, I realy liked your picture with your daughter.. you encouraged me to post one for my daughters too.. But now I �ve changed it..

Anyway, I agree on telling Victor, I �m sure he can do something about it..

A big hug for both of you..Hug

Soha.

9 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >