Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I īm not trying to be a hero but just trying to make a matter seen by you.    

I īm not trying to be a hero but just trying to make a matter seen by you.

roneydirt
United States

nikadixon nice link...  but it failed in one aspect on that it didn īt touch what is considered normal in one region is offensive in another which would make a great additional study later on for the writer.  hmmm  I wonder could we do that study...  :)

on the initial issue...  don īt know, don īt care but then again battles like this have innocent bystanders like any war, need it be bullets or words.  I have had issues with all 4 either directly or indirectly (innocent bystander not even in the actual discussion)  Glad to see no matter how much we evolve there will always be conflicts for us History teachers to lay studies on as well and other fields like technology, psychology.... others.

24 Sep 2009     

Portugal

You īre so right, Roney. Multicultural issues can be  observed here quite often and they are becoming more and more important in our century. I hope we teachers could have a word here, helping our students to become more and more aware of this fact.
Besides, when we think of multicultural issues, we tend to relate to West-Eastern culture or Christian-Muslim cultures, but if we have a closer look, we notice them in such a small country as mine, and, sometimes, the actual examples can be dramatic.
Have a nice day you all.

About, I wonder could we do that study...  :) well, thatīs what I actually do: research on online communication issues, such as social presence, which all this thread is about, I guess.  

Have a nice day, you all.Smile

24 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

Victor: Can we do something about this guy? ( I think I remember asking the same thing about him a couple of months ago).

Perhaps we need a "three strikes you īre out" or "yellow card, red card" system for people who continually abuse the forum.

to Mr dgdln: Like I said before dude:  "GET OVER IT!"

24 Sep 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

you made me laugh thanks. yellow and red cards? I īll be fired as soon as the game starts then :)
I have never been considered well-behaved just because I said what I found right.

so let the game begin. Put your war paints on:)

24 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3