Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What ´s wrong with my AVATAR?     

What ´s wrong with my AVATAR?

lomasbello
Venezuela

I think you somehow are right to feel upset but on the other hand, you are giving so much importance to those kind of people. Just ignore them!! Sometimes it hurts more than trying to find an explanation to unexplained facts!!

18 Oct 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

There is nothing wrong with your avatar and I don �t know what part of Jayho �s answer bothered you so much. It is true that Victor requested that we did not post private messages on the board.

18 Oct 2009     

eslteacher78
Brazil

Relevance?

I �m so very sorry but I just don �t see the relevance of your post.

If you �re happy with you avatar... Keep it!

As to the weirdos, just ignore them!

As Lomasbello said very wisely: "Sometimes it hurts more than trying to find an explanation to unexplained facts!!"

18 Oct 2009     

crisholm
Spain

It �s a pity but some people seem to think that the best defence is a �good � attack.
As everyone else has said, the best you can do is ignore them. But I know that all the same, it does not feel OK. Do not let them disturb you!
Best wishes,
Cristina

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@manonski,

If you are so bothered too then don �t read my posts. I read the link and I understand the owner of the site requested these things to keep private but I �m tired of getting these sort of messages and I don �t want to exchange private pms with weirdos. Would you!? No..

I ignore them but as I said they keep appearing. And everyone should know who they are so that they can stop.

18 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Sam

I must say, I was suprised to see your response to my post.  I was offering you solid and sensible advice that you seem to have misinterpreted.  This is not the first time you have been offered this kind of advice - you have posted several posts along these lines and the consistent response from members is to �ignore them�.

We must all take a mature approach and that�s exactly what we all do - we ignore them.  If they appear again under a new user name then we simply do the same again, we ignore them.

It�s up to you if you do or don�t take our advice but I must say that your posts about the same issue are becoming a little tiring when you don�t follow the advice that so many members have offered you.  Do the right thing, take a mature approach, follow their advice and make opening your mailbox a more enjoyable experience for you.

Cheers

Jayho

P.S.  A nice quote by Eleanor Roosevelt

A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably

P.P.S.  I see you�ve changed your avatar since you initially posted this thread.  Was there a reason for this?

18 Oct 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I was not bothered by Jayho �s answer. I was more bothered by your reply to him/her.

And about not reading your posts, sorry, but that is kind of hard since they are made public for everyone to see.

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Eh??

Lol...

I think someone is having a little party with my words and my post!!

Manonski, dear! I never said you were bothered by Jayho �s post... I meant my post! You were bothered by MY post! So yeah! It �s hard not to see! Mainly when I �ve become so famous and can �t be ignored.. to the extend I keep getting weird pms from 0 points members!! Gosh! ,.. hmmmm

18 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Sam - are you playing games? Trying to get attention? Trying to be the focus of attention whether it be in the cafe or the forum?  Trying to stir the pot?

18 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Not At all, I don �t play games..!! Why should I?

I Am serious! I showed something serious that happened today! But if you prefer to think that then do!

I don �t understand why the people who feel so bothered by my post, keep replying back!
If some of you, like to be in your own little bubble then do, I just don �t think I deserve some members nasty attitude towards me. If I do so, I �m bombarded with pms.. but if others do it to me then it �s fine!? bah!

That �s it!.. Please don �t say anything else as you clearly don �t care.. the point of re`plying is simply to attack..

SORRY, Jahyo.... :;) I hadn�t seen your question...But I didn�t change my avatar after I started the thread!

Ok, there I´ll go again, I´ll explain..:)
Read carefully!

:)

I changed my avatar yesterday and today I was commenting on the reporting section and I got a nasty, rude comment from Mr..dgdl... which had nothing to do with the report. And then I got a pm from someone else.. You should read exactly what I said at the beginning of the post! Why do I have to explain things over and over again when the point here is not this but the attacks I keep getting!... 

Enjoy your day! Thank you for helping NOT!

Best and warm regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

18 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >