Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Three Strikes and you are out.....(2)    

Three Strikes and you are out.....(2)

blizzard1
Denmark

Three Strikes and you are out.....(2)

Hello friends,

In order to prevent abuse in this site, your opinion and comments are needed.

Please read the following thread and give some feedback if possible.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=13202

Thank you

Tisha

EDIT: Does it work now dear Sylvie?

EDIT(2): I think I found out what I was doing wrong.  Thanks for posting the link Sylvie.

25 Oct 2009      

SaraMariam
United States

It tells me also page cannot be found Confused

25 Oct 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

Haa it works now :) great thanks stextme :)

hugs 
sara

25 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello,
I agree 100% with Tisha and I think the idea which resulted from this thread is great. That way we (who take the site and the profession, seriously) would not have to suffer the cheaters. Althoough, not being negative, �they � will find new ways..

I wonder why Vanda never says anything about it... her worksheets are constantly stolen...:(

25 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I am totally agree. It will be fair not only for the hardworking members but to clean the site from the spooky words and messages.

25 Oct 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I am totally agree. It will be fair not only for the hardworking members but to clean the site from the spooky words and messages.

25 Oct 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

But, don �t we forget an important fact mentioned by Victor himself previously?

How can we be sure these cancelled people wouldn�t create new accounts and continue?

I suppose you �ve all remarked most of these people are new users with 0 or very few points. If they are banned they won �t lose much.

25 Oct 2009     

melahel7
Canada

It �s about time we deal with those fools !  I agree with what everyone says !

25 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Tisha & all, I think this kind of solution was already thought of, some days ago(edit: wise-senior David Lisgo started it, not too sure, but I�m sure he participated in it) . I would say it �s a sound, fair one;  Victor  would be the one to decide if it is fair enough.

Best regards.

ij

25 Oct 2009     

Laura-Jane
Japan

I also think that this is a great idea, it will weed out the users who take this amazing site for granted!
I do however think there should be an option for a worksheet due to copyright reasons.
I recently had a worksheet removed due to the (accidental!!) misuse of clipart, this worksheet was reported as stolen.
So would that be one strike? If so, maybe that is not fair as it was my own work.

Can we have an option when you report the worksheet as `copyright infringement` or something similar and this report not linked to the warnings system?

Thanks Laura

26 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

There is no way that moderators can know if someone has stolen �accidentally � or �deliberately �.  A "copyright infringement" can certainly be classified as theft.  If you get an official warning then accept it as thus and be more careful in future (Laura this is not personally aimed at you but the membership in general).

I really like the idea of "three strikes and your out", it brings more democracy to the group and will lessen the obvious frustration and feeling of helplessness of some really good moderators.

Theft is habitual.  I have seen members with hundreds of points stealing worksheets.  They seem to want to get caught.  Let �s show them that honesty pays.

Goodnesses remarked

"How can we be sure these cancelled people wouldn�t create new accounts and continue?"

We can �t be sure, but the more people who become active moderators the easier it will be to deal effectively with these type of people.

I look forward to the implementation of this new scheme.

David

26 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >