Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > How about a couple of free downloads for new users?    

How about a couple of free downloads for new users?

chazley
Korea, South

How about a couple of free downloads for new users?

For, you know, those of us who tolerate the need to register and install a toolbar, and those of us who were drawn to the site because of a need for one last filler assignment a couple of hours before class. That way, we can use the website once or twice before uploading our own materials and we don �t pull out our hair unnecessarily.

27 Oct 2009      

TamiH
United States

I agree! I added two printables five days ago and did not get any points yet and I needed someone else �s printable that day...go figure!

27 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

This subject AGAIN? Haven �t you read the one below? or have you just started a new account to bother us all with this type of questions!?

There are TONS of website where you can take printables without uploading anything! Why do you want THIS one to give you people �s HARD work for nothing?
(Actually, it does give for very little, because some �teachers� upload very `plain and even stolen� material to reach the 30 points and download EXCELLENT resources for nothing.... but that�s a different story)

This site is DIFFERENT, it fosters and encourages you to become an authentic author of your students material... THAT �s it!

Here you have plenty of websites where you can download and download without having to �pull out your hair � as you put it.

http://www.rong-chang.com/

http://a4esl.org/

http://esl.about.com/

http://www.isabelperez.com/

http://esl-library.com/index.cfm?PageId=7&step=2&section=48&gclid=CNWXh_ui3J0CFchW2godhXYSMw

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/

27 Oct 2009     

grettaster
Brazil

Maybe you should put some better KEY WORDS so that people can find your worksheets easily. And seriously, it really sounds like stealing like the previous user said. If you really want to get the downloads you should work harder on your worksheets. Use your imagination, it �1s so easy... ;) Just in case you don �t have good ideas, then you should GOOGLE them!!! Lol That �s exactly what I do when I �m creating my WS... So, hope you do a good job.

God bless you all. Approve

27 Oct 2009     

TamiH
United States

WOw maybe some kinder words for the people who are just starting on this site and learning how to use and manuver in this site and do not have time to read every post.

Thanks for the tips about key words.  

27 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi there!

Welcome both of you to this super the site!! =) I have never found a nicer site than this one. I�m sure u will enjoy it as much as I do

The suggestion you made about some free downloads when registering sounds good to me and it has been discusses in the past, hopefully Victor (this site�s owner) will consider it.!!

Good luck!

27 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

.  It would be possible to open an new account every time you wanted something for free without ever contributing to the site.
Once in a while I send someone a ws they need - by downloading it with my own points - if they sound sincere and aren �t aggressive and pushy about asking for it.  

Sorry Julieta,  I disagree about the freebies.  Bad idea.

Good luck to the new members and welcome.  You �ll love it here,  just try to make something and you �ll get your points.

27 Oct 2009     

TamiH
United States

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am more than happy to contribute and work hard in creating material for this site, but it sure would be nice to get one free point for signing up and contributing. :) 

27 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dears,
we all had to start the same way and I agree with eng789. There are  so many fake accounts already....if your wss will be useful someone will download them and you�ll get your points.
Just be patient.Wink

27 Oct 2009     

Kohaku
Japan

I installed and then uninstalled the toolbar quickly after I registered 8 months ago. I believe that you will not have any trouble with this if you just give it a chance. I actually reinstalled it because I missed its convince. You will find this site incredibly useful after you try to upload a few activities. Just send whatever useful materials you think you might have. I am not as wonderful as some here but I try!!
You might get lucky and easily find 30 downloads and at the same time grow in your creativity. I have and my students appreciate both.
Good luck to you and relax!!!

27 Oct 2009     

cherieimh
Vietnam

Every time I google something I end up getting a link for ESL printables ....... I came on board some weeks back and have never met nicer people. Each time I have put a cry out for information or help someone has come forward to help me. I have a limited internet connection here in Viet Nam and I have struggled to create material and do my very best to teach, most of it volunteer work in orphanages. This site has been amazing. People have taken time and effort to send me amazing worksheets and I am eternally grateful to everyone. It has made me a better teacher, my new profession and a better person. I am eager to get to a real internet connection so I can upload and get some real points. It is difficult to need material, find just what you want and then not be able to download it but the friendships I am making and the people I have met are just awesome. I was reluctant to download a toolbar for a place I didn �t know as well and when I did get a few points I ended up downloading them in a format that I couldn �t open but I am happy with the toolbar and the frequent notes of help and encouragement that I get. What a great group and it is a wonderful idea to ask more of us even though there must be others like me who can �t get online or don �t have their own computer there are plenty of people who will help if you ask nicely. I have found. I love this place and check it more frequently then Facebook!! 

27 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >